STDs Community
13 weeks and no symptoms, am i in the clear?

This forum is for questions and support regarding STD issues such as: Chlamydia, Crabs (pubic lice scabies), Gonorrhea, Hepatitis (viral), Herpes, HPV, Molluscum Contagiosum, PID, Rectal Infections, Syphilis, Trichomonas, Warts, Yeast Infection

For questions and support for HPV/genital warts, please visit our HPV Community. For questions and support for Herpes, please visit our Herpes Community.

Please note, this forum does not cover AIDS/HIV issues. Please visit our HIV Prevention Community for information and support.

I posted yesterday but was a little confused with the answer.

I received unprotected oral sex from a female (english, 35) back in june (89days ago today) , I tested negative for chlamydia and gonn and had a syphillis (syphilis) test at 6 weeks, also negative. I have not had any sores, lesions etc, would it be fair to say i am now in the clear after 13 weeks?
After 3 months all your blood tests are negative, neither you have any symptoms, need not worry at all, you are safe.
Ahh thank you so much for that. I am going for my 90 day syphillis (syphilis) test on monday to be sure.

This has been eating me up for 3 months!
As was stated you are in the clear for the organisms you tested for. Have you been tested for HIV though? THere is a slight chance of contracting HIV from receiving oral sex. I would get tested just to make sure. If she had oral sores you might want to check for Hepatitis as well. But you get Hep from blood so it is not likely unless she has blood in her mouth like an open wound.
Have an STDs question?
100,000+ doctor answers