STDs Expert Forum
34year old man considering using gardasil
About This Forum:

The STD Forum is intended only for questions and support pertaining to sexually transmitted diseases other than HIV/AIDS, including chlamydia, gonorrhea, syphilis, human papillomavirus, genital warts, trichomonas, other vaginal infections, nongonoccal urethritis (NGU), cervicitis, molluscum contagiosum, chancroid, and pelvic inflammatory disease (PID). All questions will be answered by H. Hunter Handsfield, M.D. or Edward W Hook, MD.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.
Blank Blank

34year old man considering using gardasil

Dear Sirs and Dr Handsfield,

I read Dr Handsfield's very informative response to a person's question regarding Gardasil at:

http://www.medhelp.org/posts/STDs/29-year-old-male-wanting-to-recieve-Gardasil-vaccine/show/1222683

The benefits of Gardasil seem compelling to me and I am keen to go ahead and get the vaccine.

I have however found it very difficult to find any commentary online as to whether a man my age (34 years old) should take the vaccine save for your good response on medhelp.

To get to my question (sorry for the long winded wind up),amongst your colleagues is there a general view / consensus that it is fine (i.e. no major negative side effects) for a man aged 34 yrs old to get Gardasil? The reason I ask is because you are the only person online I have come across that has expressed this view. I presently live in Moscow and have found it difficult to get advice on this from Doctors here as they tend not to be
across the vaccine and are may cash inclined to administer it!