STDs Community
5+ months of symptoms. Not HIV ?

This forum is for questions and support regarding STD issues such as: Chlamydia, Crabs (pubic lice scabies), Gonorrhea, Hepatitis (viral), Herpes, HPV, Molluscum Contagiosum, PID, Rectal Infections, Syphilis, Trichomonas, Warts, Yeast Infection

For questions and support for HPV/genital warts, please visit our HPV Community. For questions and support for Herpes, please visit our Herpes Community.

Please note, this forum does not cover AIDS/HIV issues. Please visit our HIV Prevention Community for information and support.

5+ months of symptoms. Not HIV ?

I will try to keep this question short, although it feels theres a lot going on in my body and Im so confused to what it is. My question is _ Could this still be HIV or does it sound like any other STD ?

Approximately 5 months ago I slept with a call girl in the UK. (my lifes biggest mistake). The act suffered a condom break and there could have been blood on the genitals. These are my symptoms and tests after this.

2 weeks  - irritation/itching in the urithrea, an increased need to urinate (went away after about 2 weeks)
3,5 weeks - high fever, chills, night sweats, sore neck, dry cough and diarrhea (lasted almost 3 weeks)

Tested at GUM glinic 6,5 weeks (Chlamydia, Gonnorhea (Gonorrhea), Hepatitis, HIV (antigen+antibody) - All negative

7 weeks - nausea, unwell feeling tender pain under the right ribcage. Red streak on skin from groin (scrotum to thigh)
8-10 weeks - Starting to feel generally better, some tenderness in neck/throat
10 weeks - very sore throat (pain with swallowing) with a white ulcer in the back of my throat, small spots on my skin on hands and arms, like small dark pimples (4-5 of them on different locations).
12th week - Overnight I developed a very red eye, with small very thin red vessels all around my whites. blurry vision

13,5 weeks Tested for Syphilis & HIV (antigen+antibody)  - Negative

14-18 Weeks - Moderate Muscle aches, tenderness in groin and neck, very fatigued,  some night and day sweats, some small skin lesions. Red eye keeps coming and going (worse in the mornings) but doesnt go away, yellow in corners - nerve pulsating fast under left eye (which is the worse one)

18 Week - General practitioner, Blood count, slightly elevated WBC / leucopenia (11), possible viral infection?

20 Week - Eye doctor (emergency care) - Small ulcers on cornea, dry eyes -  Prescribed Eye drops and ointment

22 Week - Denied 3rd HIV test (1st 6 weeks, 2nd 13 weeks) at local GUM clinic (!!)

26 weeks - Feeling overall better - but eye still red, still tenderness in groin/knees.

I have no idea what this could be, but are worried that all symptoms points to HIV, but still two negative ELSA tests  ? Please, any idea on what this could be (is Hepatitis possible? UTI?)  and is it warranted to pursue HIV testing (PCR?)

With thankful regards
Eric
You don't need any more HIV tests, and I can see why the GUM clinic turned you away.  Your test at 13 weeks is accurate, and you would have had a positive test by then.

It might be hepatitis, but simple blood work could tell you that.

Its not any other std - you've been tested for them.

Its NOT HIV.  You are in the clear for that.

Aj
Thanks for your reply and im really trying to take comfort in the GUM clinic and your advice that im in the clear for HIV. But im really concerned what can cause these symptoms, feels like a virus is causing symptoms allover and is probably related to the sexual episode. Been healthy as a horse all my life before this episode . Do anyone know the window period for Hepatitis, and isnt it possible for that to also prolong the window period of HIV. ?
The only hep you are at risk for is B, and that's 9 weeks.  

I don't know if you have mono/glandular fever , or something else, but hep b wouldn't cause most of these symptoms, and again, simple blood tests can tell you that.

Its most likely not an std, and you owe it to yourself to start thinking that it might not be, so you can find what it actually is.

Aj
Oh and hep b wouldn't delay testing positive for hiv.
I do believe you can get Hep C sexually ? Why no risk for that ?
Im 35 , so by chance getting mono 3 weeks after this for me "unique" sexual situation seems a bit unprobable. Even though I realize that my fear from HIV is a bit unrational as well, since my 2 negative tests out to 13 weeks. Just scary though getting all these symptoms and then reading about HIV seroconversion and feeling a lot of them match and then just not getting well. Being scared if the dreaded HIV is probably hindering me from really letting a doctor go to the bottom in finding out what it may be, which is what I believe a really must do to keep hralth and sanity as intact as possible.
Really thanks for your answers and time anyway.

Mono is more likely than HIV, and yet you are worrying about that.

A negative test at 13 weeks is accurate, and you don't have HIV.  I can't say it any other way.

Hep C can be transmitted sexually, but its very rare, and usually only happens through anal sex, if then.

Aj
Yes. I know mono is more likely but of course you tend to worry most for what is most scary.
And I know a 13 week test is almost 100% conclusive.
Is mono sexually transmissable ?

mono is transmitted thru kissing for the most part which usually happens during sex.

this is not a std going on - you've covered those bases.

grace