STDs Expert Forum
7 mnths of symptoms

The STD Forum is intended only for questions and support pertaining to sexually transmitted diseases other than HIV/AIDS, including chlamydia, gonorrhea, syphilis, human papillomavirus, genital warts, trichomonas, other vaginal infections, nongonoccal urethritis (NGU), cervicitis, molluscum contagiosum, chancroid, and pelvic inflammatory disease (PID). All questions will be answered by H. Hunter Handsfield, M.D. or Edward W Hook, MD.

7 mnths of symptoms

I received oral sex from a girl not knowing she's HSV 2 +. I fingered her then was told about the herpes when I tried to initiate sex. I washed my hands and penis right then. I went back and masterbated which was vigorous considering I had drank alcohol that night. It actually kinda hurt after from the duration. She is on acyclovir. One week later I feel tingling in penis, feel like a ball in perineum when sitting. The feelings were mainly when I would be sitting and not standing or lying down. Doctor does visual exam. Nothing noticed, Prostate ck is normal to him, I'm put on Cipro for 2 wks I believe. Ball in perneum goes away, tingling turns into more electrical zaps in legs and slowly towards feet. Penis feelins go away for awhile while I feel strange feelings in lower abdomen almost like nerve feelings up to kidneys. That goes away then zaps  mainly only in feet when sitting. Occasionally when standing but rarely. If i'm busy I dont notice any feelings even sometimes if I sit and my mind is off of it. One hard red bump on scrotum is the only visual symptom.  
You have not followed our space limitations which are there for a reason.  Please do not ramble on.  The exposure you describe was probably statistically lower risk for herpes than if you had sex with someone who you met at a bar and did not know if they had herpes or not.  Your partner know she had herpes, was doing the right thing to avoid transmission to partners (using acyclovir) and nothing you describe is suggestive of herpes. HSV does not cause pains or discomfort in the absence of lesions and when herpes causes pain, it typically causes local pain, not shooting pains of the sort you describe which are more likely related to your disc disease related to your cervical spine fractures than to HSV.  The “randon tingling” you describe does not sound like HSV either.

I should add that your description does not include penetrative sex and the fact is that genital herpes would not be transferred to you by receipt of oral sex or masturbation, even if some of her genital secretions were on your hands.  I would not be worried about herpes from the exposure you describe.  I would not advice an HSV test for you.  EWH
Went away in 3 days, no scab or blister. 6 months after I feel only a sting feeling in tip and butt aches, zaps in feet ONLY when I am sitting, never standin or lying down. If I stood all day I prob wouldnt feel anything. One side of meatus is now puffy looking comes and goes. I could pee and the tip would look even again? Weird, I do have what looks like a light freckle on shaft. Never has changed shape or color. Just a pigment discoloration. Also the glans (glands) 6 mnths later seems to have barely noticable light brown pigmented spots. I could notice it one hour but not the next. maybe its always been like that but I'm just looking way to hard. I have broken C5,6,7 in my neck as well as deteriorating disks in spine. No back pain but the timing or oral sex os what scares me. Possibly could be from back?? I now have zaps in arms both legs but mainly left, deep butt aches all mainly sittting. Urinalysis was also clear when I went to doctor
I have not had a std ck yet. I really don't want to get a HSV test unless I have a visual symptom. I am with a girl now in which we did have unprotected sex. Prob wasn't the smartest thing but she hasn't had any symptoms. Just wondering what you think could be causing this.
Thanks for your help!!!!
Forgot to mention I now have random (not sure how to describe it) but tingling ini scrotum. Almost like the skin contracts then expands.
Any ideas of what could be causing my scrotum to randomly tingle or one side of meatus to periodically swell or look puffy?
The appearance of the scrotum changes normally over the course of the day relateng to temperature and other physiological factors.  Most tingling of the sort you describe is the result of increased focus and attention to the area leading to detection of normal sensations which are overlooked unless a person is focused on the area.

I would urge you (once again) not to worry.

That will be it for this thread.  EWH