STDs Community
A pimple that turned into ulcer

This forum is for questions and support regarding STD issues such as: Chlamydia, Crabs (pubic lice scabies), Gonorrhea, Hepatitis (viral), Herpes, HPV, Molluscum Contagiosum, PID, Rectal Infections, Syphilis, Trichomonas, Warts, Yeast Infection

For questions and support for HPV/genital warts, please visit our HPV Community. For questions and support for Herpes, please visit our Herpes Community.

Please note, this forum does not cover AIDS/HIV issues. Please visit our HIV Prevention Community for information and support.

A pimple that turned into ulcer

Doc, I am in a deep mess. I am a male 30 years old.  i had sex with this girl 3 week earlier and just before sex i shaved my pubic area and had sex with her. Later on the next day i started breaking out all over my pubic region with small pimples , that could be some bacterial infection but I got concerned and asked her if she has herpes and she said no but she had a bump around her anus area so I asked her to test her self and she did the blood test and got positive for herpes 1. since then i am really scared and now after 2 weeks i developed a pimple just a little above my pubic hair line region which had a big white/off-white or maybe clear lookin head on it. But just one big head. then that somehow got punctured due to my pants belt area and then it became a big red bump and it has bein discharging some read and some off-white fluid . Its is very painful as I am having troubles bending and this is being there for the past 5 days and it is still tender. I dono what to do at his point. i am afraid that i have got the herpes 1 from her which is in the genital area. Please help.
There are no Doctors in this forum.

60% or more of people test positive for HSV1. Most of them have it orally.
You probably have it already, were you tested as well?
Herpes sores due to new exposure do not show up in 1 day
The bump at 2 weeks sounds more like herpes

Go to a doctor immediately and get the sore PCR tested.
Get a HerpesSelect blood test immediately. If you test positive for HSV1, you probably already had the infection before you met her. However, you will have no idea whether you are infected orally or genitally.
If your PCR test comes back positive, you have genital HSV1.

Even if you figure out that you have genital HSV1, here is the deal...

a. 60% of people have HSV1. They are largely immune to a new infection. For example, I recently talked with some close associates/family... My sister has HSV1. Father has HSV1 or HSV2. x-Girlfriend has HSV1. x-Girlfriend's father has HSV1 or HSV2. Current girlfriend has HSV1. I have HSV1. x-Partner has HSV1. Out of this group, no one has shown symptoms, so they have no idea where they are infected. Get over it!

b. If you have symptoms of HSV1, do not touch people when you have sores. Do not touch your sores. Keep your hands washed.

c. If you have frequent symptoms, see about a prescription for Valtrex or Acyclovir

d. Recurrences of genital HSV1 are typically rare, i.e. once or twice in the first couple of years and very rarely if at all after that.

So....dont sweat it.
We can't know if this is herpes, but seriously - you are in this much pain and you haven't been to the doc?

You need to get it checked.

AJ
I have an apointment with a dermatologiest tomorrow. I am praying to God that this is not herpes.      
Well, I hope its not either, but as someone who has herpes, I can assure you its not nearly as big a deal as you probably think it is.

Good luck.

AJ
I just came back from the doc's office. She said it looks like some kind of a bacterial infection and she actually gave me some medicine as well. She did take the sample from the cyst but she didn’t think it was necessary to a culture on that.  She prescribed me a couple of tablets that I can’t read the names from the prescription and asked me to put the Neosporin ointment over the cyst and keep it covered. She also took some pictures of the thing . i am going to go back to see her on Monday. She said it does not look like herpes even when i explained her whole situation about what i wrote earlier. she had to give me shots to make the place numb to take the stuff out of the cyst as it turned really really bad and when she broke the big red lump a lot of offwhite puss came out of it as well and it was very painful. I am not sure if should ask her to do a herpes select test or not at this point as she totally disregarded the idea of herpes. I actually took some pictures of the red bump before and after it broke out as well from my cell phone.
Get screened for Herpes. if she cannot figure out what it is, you will still have questions.
I agree.  This doesn't sound like herpes, but at least you'll know your status.

AJ
I just got my Blood test results and the Culture on the cyst results. The doc said I was tested positive for herpes on the blood test and the culture results were tested as some bacterial infection and not herpes. According to the doc, it takes time for herpes to show in blood 4-5 weeks so this looks like a prior oral exposure to herpes since I did not develop any other infection around my genital Ares other then the one that was cultured.
If I am not mistaken, I have read that nearly 90% of the American adult population is infected with herpes 1 virus because it is so easy to get infected. And I have also read that the herpes infection usually appears with in 2-14 days around the infected site (in my case genital) so I assume I did not get genital herpes. The only last thing to check is to get that girl tested if she gets that breakout again to do a culture on that.
What type of herpes were you positive for - 1 or 2?

If its type 1, you can assume its an oral infection.  If its type 2, its a genital one.

If he didn't specify a type, you need to find out if he did a type specific test, or a test that just looks for herpes antibodies, and doesn't specify.

AJ
The doc informed me that I was tested positive for HERPES type 1. I have not developed any sort of oral or genital breakout other then this one. I have had cold sores in the past but that goes all the way back to maybe 3 years or so when I had it last time.
Since you've had a history of cold sores, that's the cause of your type 1 result.

Once you have it, you always have it.

AJ