STDs Community
Acne like blisters

This forum is for questions and support regarding STD issues such as: Chlamydia, Crabs (pubic lice scabies), Gonorrhea, Hepatitis (viral), Herpes, HPV, Molluscum Contagiosum, PID, Rectal Infections, Syphilis, Trichomonas, Warts, Yeast Infection

For questions and support for HPV/genital warts, please visit our HPV Community. For questions and support for Herpes, please visit our Herpes Community.

Please note, this forum does not cover AIDS/HIV issues. Please visit our HIV Prevention Community for information and support.

Acne like blisters

I am currently studying abroad and therefore I have found difficulty in outreach in these areas.

I have recently had what appears to be acne in my groin area.  It started as one or two which then healed and now three more have appeared.  I would say each was noticeable for between 2 and 3 weeks, with the ones I irritated lasting a bit longer.  I have seen a doctor and he has identified theses to be likely acne or i believe molluscum?  There were distinctly different spots.  I specifically asked if there was a risk that these were herpes and I was told it was not.

He asked if they ever itched and I said no because they are not specifically itchy.  Yet since then I have become increasingly paranoid.  My entire groin area has been overly sensitive lately and in general has been itchy, although it is hardly ever in the location of the acne and often is due to what appears to be chafing completely separate of this issue.  This could be due to a multitude of factors, recently switching detergents, riding a bike as a main mode of transportation and unwisely shaving my groin area.

The spots I believe to be acne are sometimes painful but the pain is instantly relieved by adjusting my pants, so there is no skin or clothing contact.  I have had what I believe to be similar acne like spots in the past and none have been painful or been what I have read herpes to be like.  Non-the-less I have been very paranoid.  In the last year I have had unprotected sex with two partners, but it has been more than 2 months.

I am planning on seeing a dermatologist when during a return trip but until then I am remaining in limbo.

Is there anything that would identify these specifically as herpes?  I have read much online about symptoms and none really seem to match up, but the description of the blisters themselves aren't really that specific.
sounds like molluscum to me.  if it was herpes it would not be like seperate pimples.  molluscum is contagious but there is treatment so if it doesnt go away or gets worse you need treatment.  but hey who knows what it could be, hopefully your dermatogolists visit is soon.
Have an STDs question?
100,000+ doctor answers