STDs Community
After a trip at a massage parlor

This forum is for questions and support regarding STD issues such as: Chlamydia, Crabs (pubic lice scabies), Gonorrhea, Hepatitis (viral), Herpes, HPV, Molluscum Contagiosum, PID, Rectal Infections, Syphilis, Trichomonas, Warts, Yeast Infection

For questions and support for HPV/genital warts, please visit our HPV Community. For questions and support for Herpes, please visit our Herpes Community.

Please note, this forum does not cover AIDS/HIV issues. Please visit our HIV Prevention Community for information and support.

After a trip at a massage parlor

I have a friend whom I know very well who has recently had an oil massage at a parlor. He says that there was body to body massage and stroking of his penis to make him ejaculate, but there was no ejaculation. Also there was genital rubbing, but he assures me that there was absolutely no penetration. He came to me because he trusts me and we have known each other for a very long time. He wants to know whether there is any risk of him contracting any STDs?
Hi, i dont see any risk. You really need some unprotected oral, anal or vaginal sex to get them.
Herpes is an option but again there needs to be some open sore to open sore contact.
She rubbed her vagina on his penis and also used her body to massage his by rubbing her body over his, sorry to have omitted this piece of information.
Well that brings the herpes issue up. If he shaves is testicles and the raw skin touches an infected part on her, there is a risk. Herpes does not need much of an skin opening to make contact.
What about syphilis and other STDs? Any chance? Could he have got syphilis from vaginal fluids?
Yes syphilis to and HPV. I really rather doubt he contacted any of these. If the place he went to was in africa or tailand would have greater risk but the working girls in the country do pride themselves in hygene. But then we really dont know!
Would you advise him to test for STDs? If so, how long does he need to wait before going for the tests?
Something I need cleared up, for herpes and syphilis, if there was no open sore or open skin, was there also a risk?
please do answer both posts
syphilis 6 weeks
herpes, hiv and hep 3 months
There needs to be a opening in the skin to transfer. no opening, no contract

Again i would not be to concerned.
Thanks mate. Hope that helps my friend. He is worried sick about it.
Its happening everywhere and its called STD anxiety, most of the time its in the mind not the penis
What would you personally advise him?
Just keep an eye out, as the herpes sypmtom can appear 2-10 after contact, if nothing by then just chill.
Tell him this. He had a wonderful time with a nice girl and im sure he enjoyed himself. Tell him to balance the fear with the pleasure he had other wise it was a waste of money.
When the thought of possible exposure comes up tell him to put the image of the girl in his mind and how beautiful she was!
2-10 days after contact? What are the symptoms?
One or more blister on the tip of the penis or the shaft in a cluster of 6 to 10.
if he has a regular partner to protect then he should have testing.  no regular partner then no reason for testing - the risk is that low.

grace
Oh no, actually he is still young, same age as me, around 20, anything to be worried? As I know him, he is not sexually active. But he plans to settle down after completing university..anything to be worried about?
?
reread what I last posted.
For exactly what STDs should he test for?
he doesn't need any testing unless he develops symptoms.
Apart from the symptoms mentioned above, what should he look for?
obvious lesions in the genital area.
What is the risk that he gets if considering that it is his first exposure?
What is the risk that he gets infected considering that this is his first exposure?
Also, if ever other parts of the body other than the genitals and mouth had lesions, could he be affected?
It's just that he is very anxious and he is my best friend, and I can't see him getting so anxious and worried..
?
more than enough questions at this point on this. I also think your friend is posting about this here now too!!

www.ashastd.org has terrific info on std's, their symptoms and how to test for them. good reading for you and all your friends :)
Oh!!! I just found about it and reported it! He is very worried. Btw i saw some cuts on his fingers, could he have got infected with HIV if ever there was contact between the girl's vagina or vaginal fluids and the cuts on his finger?
He claims that on a closer look, there was no visible sore or blisters or warts near her genital parts, what are his risks?..Please answer these last questions..Thanks
Also he heas been feeling nauseated since yesterday, is it due to that encounter or to his endless worrying?
Please answer these LAST 3 questions..Thank you so much
IF HE is finding things then he needs to see a Dr. We can't diagnosis him here and this tread has already gone on way too long based on risk.
could you tell me about the 2 questions in the first post plzz
No, tell him to see a Dr, time to grow up and stop playing around on the internet.