STDs Community
Aldara side effects or herpes

Ask questions, get support regarding sexually transmitted diseases (STDs): chlamydia, crabs (pubic lice scabies), Gonorrhea, Hepatitis (viral), Molluscum Contagiosum, pelvic inflammatory disease, rectal infections, Syphilis, Trichomonas, yeast infection. For HPV/genital warts visit HPV Community. For Herpes please visit Herpes Community.

For AIDS/HIV issues, please visit HIV Prevention.

Aldara side effects or herpes

My gyn put me on aldara for my gential (genital) warts, i started and within a week i discovered i had an open sore at the opening of my vagina, maybe i wasn'tas careful as i should of using it, but 2 days later this thing is painful as hell, i call my gyn and he tells me to come in, i told him i suspect is a side effect from aldara, he has a look at it and tells he he think it looks just like a herpes open sore, he sent me for a blood test for that. My gyn says that these side effects aren't alll that common but frm what i;m readin i think they r...?! so i'm confused... do i have herpes or is it just the side effect of the stupid cream.... i'm freaking out...i go back for the result on tuesday but i can't see to ease my mind ... sigh. what do u think?
Please post in the herpes community.