STDs Community
Anal itching

Ask questions, get support regarding sexually transmitted diseases (STDs): chlamydia, crabs (pubic lice scabies), Gonorrhea, Hepatitis (viral), Molluscum Contagiosum, pelvic inflammatory disease, rectal infections, Syphilis, Trichomonas, yeast infection. For HPV/genital warts visit HPV Community. For Herpes please visit Herpes Community.

For AIDS/HIV issues, please visit HIV Prevention.

Anal itching

Several months ago I had one episode of unprotected anal sex and the very next day I had this anal itching. I didn't think it was a std since the only symptom I had was itching and I couldn't see or feel anything out of the ordinary. A couple weeks later I had my annual checkup and they took a swab test for std, they said if they found anything they would call in two weeks. I never got a call so I assume the tests came back negative.
Still months later the area around my anus will itch and still I looks and feels normal up there. It's not a constant itch and it sometimes gets worse usually after a bowel movement. I was just looking for some possible answers and if I should get a second std test or if it's something else.
Unprotected anal sex poses as a risk for transmission of diseases. I assume this was a panel for stds you took during that checkup? If it is months later, it couldn't be a std but what I think you have may be pruritus ani or itching around the anus. This happens when there is moisture, fecal incontinence, or chafing of clothes occur. It is common and embarrassing to many but it may sometimes be an indicator of other things such as fissures, fistulas, or hemorrhoids coming in. Sometimes sitting for a long period of time can lead into that. There are so many factors that play into it. If you were all clear from any stds, pruritus ani may be of the norm or something else is occurring. Get a physician to help diagnose you better but I would purchase hydrocortizone for the itching until the doctor visit. It happens to me and I only used a little bit of hydrocortizone and I am fine for the rest of the week. Just dont use it excessively, but, sparingly. This is not a direct answer but merely an opinion. If you want, seek a physician for relief or ask one of our experts online here to help you further.