STDs Community
Anxiety and Guilt or STD?
About This Community:

This forum is for questions and support regarding STD issues such as: Chlamydia, Crabs (pubic lice scabies), Gonorrhea, Hepatitis (viral), Herpes, HPV, Molluscum Contagiosum, PID, Rectal Infections, Syphilis, Trichomonas, Warts, Yeast Infection

For questions and support for HPV/genital warts, please visit our HPV Community. For questions and support for Herpes, please visit our Herpes Community.

Please note, this forum does not cover AIDS/HIV issues. Please visit our HIV Prevention Community for information and support.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Anxiety and Guilt or STD?

Hi Doc,

I was wondering if it was possible to bring symptoms on through anxiety or guilt?

Reason I ask is I had protected oral sex with a lady of the night as I said it was protected but she did put the condom on using her mouth. Could spit that got in the condom lead me to contract an STD? I have been freaking out and do not want my girlfriend to contract anything from me. I had this oral sex 5 days ago and have been feeling like something is going on with my penis and area around it since but I have no burning when I pee no bumps or visual marks that I think look anything like an STD. I feel as though I have been peeing more often and less pee since the oral sex. I did feel as though maybe I wound up with a UTI so I have been taking some Bactrim if for no other reason just to make my mind settle a little bit. She had no visual blisters around her mouth but I did not really inspect. I do feel very anxious about the whole thing and would like to clear my head I am very scared I contracted an STD an may be letting anxiety make me feel symptoms. I'm a 29 year old healthy male and have never had any STD prior. Everyone I have talked to has said I have nothing to worry about but I can't stop my mind from thinking about it because it seems like to much of a coincidence that I'm having issues with my genital area about 24 hours after my in counter.