STDs Community
Anxiety and Guilt or STD?

Ask questions, get support regarding sexually transmitted diseases (STDs): chlamydia, crabs (pubic lice scabies), Gonorrhea, Hepatitis (viral), Molluscum Contagiosum, pelvic inflammatory disease, rectal infections, Syphilis, Trichomonas, yeast infection. For HPV/genital warts visit HPV Community. For Herpes please visit Herpes Community.

For AIDS/HIV issues, please visit HIV Prevention.

Anxiety and Guilt or STD?

Hi Doc,

I was wondering if it was possible to bring symptoms on through anxiety or guilt?

Reason I ask is I had protected oral sex with a lady of the night as I said it was protected but she did put the condom on using her mouth. Could spit that got in the condom lead me to contract an STD? I have been freaking out and do not want my girlfriend to contract anything from me. I had this oral sex 5 days ago and have been feeling like something is going on with my penis and area around it since but I have no burning when I pee no bumps or visual marks that I think look anything like an STD. I feel as though I have been peeing more often and less pee since the oral sex. I did feel as though maybe I wound up with a UTI so I have been taking some Bactrim if for no other reason just to make my mind settle a little bit. She had no visual blisters around her mouth but I did not really inspect. I do feel very anxious about the whole thing and would like to clear my head I am very scared I contracted an STD an may be letting anxiety make me feel symptoms. I'm a 29 year old healthy male and have never had any STD prior. Everyone I have talked to has said I have nothing to worry about but I can't stop my mind from thinking about it because it seems like to much of a coincidence that I'm having issues with my genital area about 24 hours after my in counter.

It is very possible and I see it happen all of the time. The mind is very powerful.

Saliva does not transmit STD's. STD symptoms do not start 24 hours later. High chance this is anxiety and guilt. No chance this is a STD.
Do you think I can wind up with herpes via contact? Is there a percentage or risk factor on recieving an std from oral sex. I know this is possibly all in my head but I seem to keep getting weird feelings in my genital area and can't help but think its related to my in counter 5 days ago.
I can tell you the risk is low and most of the time STD's are not trasnfered via oral sex. 5 days is why too soon for herpes or syphilis. It is in the time frame for gonorrhea but it's not weird pain it is discharge and you don't have that.

So I'll say again this is most likely mental and nothing more.
I'm having the same issue . I went to doctor and waiting for results. Everything looks fine I just feel I might of gotten std since I did have sex. Doc gave me std pills to take just in case it comes positive but I do not have the symptoms . I think my guilt is killing me since this is the first time I cheated on my wife. No rash no redness no burning but peeing more and paranoid . Wtf