STDs Expert Forum
Any risk of STD?

The STD Forum is intended only for questions and support pertaining to sexually transmitted diseases other than HIV/AIDS, including chlamydia, gonorrhea, syphilis, human papillomavirus, genital warts, trichomonas, other vaginal infections, nongonoccal urethritis (NGU), cervicitis, molluscum contagiosum, chancroid, and pelvic inflammatory disease (PID). All questions will be answered by H. Hunter Handsfield, M.D. or Edward W Hook, MD.

Any risk of STD?

First, let me say that this forum has been helpful.  I think I know the answer to my question but hopefully you can provide some reassurance regarding my particular situation.

In September of 2012, I was at a strip club and agreed to have a lap dance in a private room so she could be fully nude.  Any physical contact between us was done while my penis was still covered by my underwear.  At one point, I was allowed to touch her vagina though I only felt along the outside of her lips (labia?) with the tips of my fingers.  I did not penetrate her with my fingers and I don't remember ever feeling any moisture.  After touching her though, I masturbated with the same hand until I ejaculated.  Our genitals were never in direct contact and she did not directly touch my penis.

My basic question at this point is what, in your opinion, is my risk for getting an STD?  The whole incident freaked me out (in a bad way).  It took me a couple of days to get in touch with my Doctor who was traveling but about 4 days after the encounter, I started a z-pak and took that for 5 days.

I hope you don't mind but I'll have a couple of quick follow-up questions but thought it would be easier for me to start with the basic facts and question.
Welcome to the Forum.  In general it is best to ask all of your questions so that a single comprehensive answer can be provided.  Since we cannot be on-line 24/7 to do otherwise may lead to delays in getting the responses and information you seek.

The exposure you describe carries no meaningful risk whatsoever for acquisition of any STD, including HIV.  Years of study and experience have shown us that even when persons are engaged in mutual masturbation and get each other's genital secretions on one another, that this does not lead to STD transmission.  Your encounter was even less involved and you point out that your major concern is that you might have transferred infection, if present, from her (she is statistically unlikely to have had an STD) to you when you moved your hand form her genitals to your penis to masturbate.  This was a no risk event. There was no reason for concern, no reason to take antibiotics and there is no need for testing, then or at the present time.   My advice is to not worry about the events you describe and put the events you describe behind you.

I hope my comments are helpful. EWH