STDs Community
Are warts on other parts of body a sign of HPV infection??

Ask questions, get support regarding sexually transmitted diseases (STDs): chlamydia, crabs (pubic lice scabies), Gonorrhea, Hepatitis (viral), Molluscum Contagiosum, pelvic inflammatory disease, rectal infections, Syphilis, Trichomonas, yeast infection. For HPV/genital warts visit HPV Community. For Herpes please visit Herpes Community.

For AIDS/HIV issues, please visit HIV Prevention.

Hello, are warts on other parts of the body ( one on the chest and one on the left leg )a sign of HPV infection?  If they are just common warts, will I pass them on to my partners when we live together and have sexual intimacy??

Your professional answers will be appreciated. Thanks.
Hi there -

All warts are caused by HPV, but each strain affects different parts of the body.  The warts on your body will not affect the genital area, just as if you had genital warts, you wouldn't get them on your feet, etc.

You can get the warts treated by your doc if over the counter things aren't working.

AJ
Hello, auntiejessi,  just thank you for the answer and could you pls tell me whether all warts are STD? What can I do to make sure that other people don't get this from me?? I really want to protect people I love , even it is a minor disease.

I am looking forward to getting your answer.

thank you.

Stayhealthy88
No, not all warts are an std.  The only warts that are an std are the ones on your genitals.

Warts can be contagious though.  Have you tried treating any of them?

AJ
Could you pls tell me how to prevent my spouse from getting common warts from me? Can he get warts from me by close physical contact?
thank you.

Stayhealthy
Where are your warts?  Are they on your genitals?

If they are on your genitals, then your spouse has already been exposed.  If they are on your body, your partner has already been exposed.

I've gotten warts on my elbows and feet, and no one has ever gotten them from me, though its possible.

If you have warts on your elbow or something, then you need to post in the dermatology forum.

AJ
Thank you, I am just curious about what you have said , coz I want to find some good information for my own case.
Talking about your personal case of warts, how nice that they did not get it from you. I hope other people will never get this from me too.Did you have close physical contact with other people like your bf or husband ?

I hope this question is not too personal for you, but I appreciate your answer.

Stayhealthy
No one has ever gotten any warts from me.  Over the last 20 years or so, I've had them on my elbows and feet, and have had 3 long term relationships, and none of them got it from me.

You do need to post in the dermatology forum though.  Regular warts aren't stds.  YOu can find the derm forum here - http://www.medhelp.org/forums/show/65

Jess
Thanks again. Have a wonderful day!