Asian massage parlor dangers
I am making a decision to go to a full service asian massage parlor in my area. Really ant to experience this, but am deathly afraid of std's, etc. Will always wear a condom before any contact is made. What really are the chances of contacting a std at these places if you remain vigilant about protection?
Your asking me to guess what these places do for testing and safety...I can't do it.

Use a condom and I guess check the woman for any sores or anything like that in the gential area.
Also I don't endorce what you are doing but just want you to be safe if you do so.
thank you for your concern. I am not asking you to guess about safety and testing, just the possibilities of catching a std if condom is used. I have read many massage parlor comments on this site, and pretty much all say that there is little to no chance of getting infected if all precautions are taken.  Should I put that much faith into a latex condom?
read the label on the condom, it doesn't guarantee against STD and it can also tear so you are involved in a dangers sport there. I would avoid it if I were you. Find sex elsewhere.
If you are worried before you go, you will be bonkers after.  Trust me.  The few minutes of pleasure are not worth the months of anxiety.

Just so you know, if your mind starts playing tricks on you, you'll get every symptom you've read about.  You could end up assuming you are the ONE that got an STD from your brief encounter.

You can get Herpes, Syphilis, HPV, Crabs, and Scabies from skin to skin contact.  Yep......with a fully functional condom.  To give you some guidance BEFORE the event HERPES is the one that you will likely obsess over if any.  Your partner can transmit it without symptoms and you can be infected an possibly have no symptoms.  Blood tests don't really START to become reassuring until 2 months for herpes.

So, to state it as the good Dr. Told me....."your chances are very, very low" of contracting something.  If you are the worrying type, though, you just have to ask yourself if "very, very low" is enough to comfort you.  If not, I know what you will be doing for the next 2 months!  If "very, very low" is comforting to you, then you'll be fine.

Although, you probably wouldn't have asked the question if you are not a worrier.  So far, I have no evidence that I have any physical abnormality from episodes such as you are contemplating, but I have been damaged mentally.  No doubt.

My suggestion.  Don't do it.
Just search anxiety in the Dr.s Forum for STD.  You will see what many people deal with following what you are asking about.