STDs Expert Forum
Asthma and Allergy Steroids with HPV
About This Forum:

The STD Forum is intended only for questions and support pertaining to sexually transmitted diseases other than HIV/AIDS, including chlamydia, gonorrhea, syphilis, human papillomavirus, genital warts, trichomonas, other vaginal infections, nongonoccal urethritis (NGU), cervicitis, molluscum contagiosum, chancroid, and pelvic inflammatory disease (PID). All questions will be answered by H. Hunter Handsfield, M.D. or Edward W Hook, MD.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.
Blank Blank

Asthma and Allergy Steroids with HPV

Hi Doc,
     I have been on allergy and asthma medicine that has steroids for about a year now.  Symbicort and nasonex I believe.  I developed some warts around my anus about 2 months ago.  They froze them mostly away in three sessions before I had to move.  Since I was moving they gave me aldara creme to use.  It has been about one month and I have seen no progress, it has actually gotten worse.  Is this because the steroids are weakening my immune system so I cannot fight off the virus?  I plan to find someone here to freeze them off if I do not see progress soon.  How much can these mentioned steroids weaken a persons immune system?  Thanks.