BD ProbeTec test for ureaplasma
I got tested positive for ureaplasma about a year ago, my husband (back than fiance living in a different country) got tested negative. I took an antibiotic treatment for 3 weeks and got re-tested, it came out negative. My husband didnt take antibiotics (since we werent together sexually since i got tested positive. only after my test were negative (and his as well)). I got re-tested recently (since we want to concieve) and tested positive again. We are both going to take the same antibiotic treatment this time. It raised a question how that was possible. If we were both tested negative (me only after the treatment) and I got it again?  My question is - my husband asked his doctor for the test results from last year - it was taken in Quest Diagnostics and the test name is "Chlamydia/GC DNA, SDA" and the results are:
C.trachomatis - not detected
N.gonorrhoeae - not detected
This test was performed using the BD ProbeTec (TM) Chlaydia trachomatis and Neisseria gonorrhoeae Amplified DNA Assays.

Does this test include testing for Ureaplasma as well? I think it doesnt (and that would explain the situation), my husband is going back to his doctor's office, but he is currently on vacation and will be back in 9 days. Can anyone help me, please?
thank you so much for claryfiing this.
no, that doesn't include testing for ureaplasma.

usually we don't even bother treating it unless you have symptoms. plenty of posts on this on the std experts forum if you want to search for them there to read more.

make sure you both get type specific herpes igg blood testing done too before you are pregnant.

grace
Thank you so much for a prompt response!