STDs Community
Bactrim-DS and chlamydia

This forum is for questions and support regarding STD issues such as: Chlamydia, Crabs (pubic lice scabies), Gonorrhea, Hepatitis (viral), Herpes, HPV, Molluscum Contagiosum, PID, Rectal Infections, Syphilis, Trichomonas, Warts, Yeast Infection

For questions and support for HPV/genital warts, please visit our HPV Community. For questions and support for Herpes, please visit our Herpes Community.

Please note, this forum does not cover AIDS/HIV issues. Please visit our HIV Prevention Community for information and support.

Bactrim-DS and chlamydia

Can I effectively treat the std chlamydia with Bactrim-DS bid for 5 days?
no i dont believe you can. i would go to your doc and get tested and he will prescribe you either doxycycline or zithromax. These will take it away.
No. Bactrim is for UTI. IT would not affect Chlamydia in anyway this is from both my Gyno and a lab technicain that i obtained this info