STDs Community
Best time to take an STD tests

This forum is for questions and support regarding STD issues such as: Chlamydia, Crabs (pubic lice scabies), Gonorrhea, Hepatitis (viral), Herpes, HPV, Molluscum Contagiosum, PID, Rectal Infections, Syphilis, Trichomonas, Warts, Yeast Infection

For questions and support for HPV/genital warts, please visit our HPV Community. For questions and support for Herpes, please visit our Herpes Community.

Please note, this forum does not cover AIDS/HIV issues. Please visit our HIV Prevention Community for information and support.

Best time to take an STD tests

I had an encounter exactly 7 weeks ago (Not sure if you would classify it as a risky one), I gave cunnilingus for a minute or two and I had an open sore.  Then I had protected sex with her.  Here are some of the stuff I have felt within the span of 7 weeks:

-Minor Headaches;
-Minor body aches;
-Lose of appetite;
-general feeling of weakness/fatigue;
-slight nausea and the feeling or urge of wanting to vomit.
-slight cough

All of these never lasted for a day.  Meaning I felt it today, and then the day after, it was gone.

I've never had a fever or any pain in urinating or any blood coming out, though.

A couple of days ago, I felt a slight bump probably a centimeter above the right side of my Adam's apple.  It's not that big though, smaller than a bean but larger than a rice.  I'm concerned as this may be a swollen lymph node.  I tried to look for the same lump in the left side, but I was not able to find anything.

I'm just curious if this may be STD related.  Also, wanted to know if when is the best time for me to take an STD test in my case.

Thanks a lot to anyone who will take their time to answer.
none of this sounds std related.

grace
Thanks for the quick response.

So, taking into consideration all the stuff that I felt, and considering that I have not felt any symptom related to any STD after 7 weeks, do you think taking an STD test is a complete waste of time?
it was protected sex. no real need for any testing unless you just need the peace of mind. The risks of std's from performing oral area very low too.

grace
I think you are right regarding the peace of mind.

Thanks a lot for taking time into answering my concern.

Take care and have a nice day! :)