STDs Community
Bleeding after sex

This forum is for questions and support regarding STD issues such as: Chlamydia, Crabs (pubic lice scabies), Gonorrhea, Hepatitis (viral), Herpes, HPV, Molluscum Contagiosum, PID, Rectal Infections, Syphilis, Trichomonas, Warts, Yeast Infection

For questions and support for HPV/genital warts, please visit our HPV Community. For questions and support for Herpes, please visit our Herpes Community.

Please note, this forum does not cover AIDS/HIV issues. Please visit our HIV Prevention Community for information and support.

Bleeding after sex

Last April I started dating a new guy and we started having sex. Shortly thereafter I noticed I was bleeding after we had sex. Not a lot. In fact he didn't even notice till I told him. It was never a lot of blood, just some pink on the toilet paper, and sex was never painful. By July I went to my gyno to get it checked out and needed my yearly pap smear done as well. I told her about the bleeding. I had a full STD check along with my pap smear. My STD check came back negative, but my pap smear came back abnormal (I had always had normal paps before.) In another visit I had a biopsy performed and a few weeks later I got called that I had mild dysplasia. My gyno told me there was nothing to worry about and for me to come back in 6 months to get another pap smear done. I should have then asked her how the mild dysplasia was related to the bleeding after sex, but I didn't. So now it is six months later and Im making an appointment for another pap smear. I STILL have bleeding after sex. I have been with the same guy since April and neither of us have STD's (he got checked after my biopsy and came back negative.) Again, sex is not painful, I don't have an STD, but I still bleed a little every single time I have sex. If my gyno told me the dysplasia was mild and I didn't have anything to worry about, when will the bleeding stop? I really don't think bleeding after every time you have sex is normal, so what's wrong with me?
Tags: bleeding after sex, biopsy, Mild Dysplasia, negative STD's
did they test you for hpv when you had your abnormal pap?

have you and your partner had your gardasil shot series for hpv?

bleeding after sex each time absolutely isn't normal and you'll need to follow up with your gyn for it.

if your partner had full std testing and is negative and so are you, this isn't a std related issue.

grace