STDs Community
Boils in vaginal area?

This forum is for questions and support regarding STD issues such as: Chlamydia, Crabs (pubic lice scabies), Gonorrhea, Hepatitis (viral), Herpes, HPV, Molluscum Contagiosum, PID, Rectal Infections, Syphilis, Trichomonas, Warts, Yeast Infection

For questions and support for HPV/genital warts, please visit our HPV Community. For questions and support for Herpes, please visit our Herpes Community.

Please note, this forum does not cover AIDS/HIV issues. Please visit our HIV Prevention Community for information and support.

Boils in vaginal area?

Hello, I am 24 yrs old. I am overweight. I am married and only sexually active with my husband. He has been tested years back and it came back negative. He has no symptoms. I have been with 5 partners before him and I made stupid mistakes and didn't use protection with all of them. I have been getting bumps what I believe are boils for a while now and they are mostly on my vaginal area where my bikini lines are and sometimes in other areas of my vagina NEVER in it. They start out red and hard and hurt to the touch then they get puss filled and eventually pop. They go away and then come back every once in a while usually in the same spot like it never fully healed. A couple of people have told me that it could be from shaving and it's ingrown hairs. BUT I get them in other areas as well. Three years ago I had one around my belly button that grew an abcess (abscess) infected with staff. Went to the ER and they drained it and stuffed it with lining and gave me an antibiotic but it still leaks puss sometimes even though there is nothing there. I am OBSESSIVELY cleaning myself.  Before that I had one at the begining of my buttcrack that finally went away. What is causing this? How can I get rid of them? ( I am going to go see a dr. I just wanted an opinion. ) I was molested when I was younger by my father from age 2 until I was about 10. I have always been nervous about sexuality and what can happen to me. It makes me a nervous wreck. Does this sound like an STD or maybe just a viral infection? Please give me opinions. I know I need to go to dr and I am going to. As well as get tested. I looked up herpes online and what it looked and I don't get little bumps all over or even more than one in the same area. BUT I don't know anything about STD's.