STDs Expert Forum
Brief contact

The STD Forum is intended only for questions and support pertaining to sexually transmitted diseases other than HIV/AIDS, including chlamydia, gonorrhea, syphilis, human papillomavirus, genital warts, trichomonas, other vaginal infections, nongonoccal urethritis (NGU), cervicitis, molluscum contagiosum, chancroid, and pelvic inflammatory disease (PID). All questions will be answered by H. Hunter Handsfield, M.D. or Edward W Hook, MD.

Brief contact

Hello Doctor,
Sorry about my terrible english.
Las night i had a brief sexual relantionship with a prostitute in Spain. For less than 15 minutes. It was a felatio with condom. Absolutly protected as I tested de condom later with water. Almost all the time I had the condom except the first three minutes were I touched her vagina and she masturbated me.
After that, she put me the condom and made me a felatio.
Do you think, i sould get tested for any STD's?
I am afraid as i'm married and have two children I wouldn't like to infect them at all.
I am also not sure if I could touch my penis with her vagina during our relantionship, I was drunk, but I think that didin't happen.
Do you  recommend me any tests?, which of them? and when.
Thank you very much Doctor.
Welcome back to our Forum.  I'll be happy to comment.  I know form our prior interaction that you worry a lot about STDs.  Thus it is my pleasure to assure you that the episode that you describe was no risk for STDs.  Even unprotected fellatio is low (but not no risk) for STD.  On the other hand, condom protected fellatio is virtually no risk at all for nearly all STDs, including HIV.  Similarly, there is no risk to you from the fact that she has masturbated you.  Unless you develop sores or other symptoms., you have no reason to worry and do not need testing.  

I hope my comments are helpful. EWH
thank you Doctor for your reply it relax me a lot.

I was scared specially on somes deseases such us gonorrhea, chlamidia and syphilis. Not VIH and hep B as I read on the forums.

My mean fear was if i could mixed fluyds with the girl on my penis during the first contact when the condom was not set yet. You assure me there was no risk.

But there is still something that scares me. On the last part of your answer you say "unless you develop sores or other symtoms (symptoms)".

What should I do if does symptoms appear? How long does it takes for symtoms (symptoms) to appear? Shoul I test or see a Urologist to prescribe me antibiotics to prevent any desease?
Can I have unprotected sex with my wife until after a period for possible deseases?
I guess any case will not be symtoms (symptoms) of vih or hep.
Sorry for asking again. Thank you Doctor.
The STDs that casue sores and lesions, syphilis and herpes are rare.  I would be most suprised if you developed alesions at a site of contact but if you did, you would do so within 2-3 weeks of your exposure.  I do not expect this to happen.  I would not see a urologist at this time. EWH
Thank you Doctor, i will just be calm because as you said the chances are virtually none. Also will wait three weeks for safety.
If I detect any sores I will inform you.
Maybe also i will get tested for std´s for peace of mind at four weeks. Thank you very much for your help. Has been very useful. I hope. Best regards
Glad to help. Take care. EWH
Hello Doctor:

I'm in the hospital with my son. He has been operated  last night of Peritonitis.

Last week you commented that I didn't need tests at all. It was not necessary.

I' ve had no symptoms at the moment. 8 days after the event.

Should I be careful about infecting my son of anything?  After 8 days NGU and gonorrhea could be Discard?. Thank you doctor. It's very important for me.
Sorry Doctor. I´m going to make once again my last question, using the translator. I have forgotten my english

I know my risks of infection are almost nonexistent as you told and tests were not necessary.

Now my song have been operated and I´m afraid to infect my son if I touch,  kiss, bath or hold him. I have to take care of him with my wife now that he is ill. I am all the time washing my hands, avoiding caughing and that sourt of things.for caution.

Can I infect a person this way? I guess not but I would like it to hear from you.

It´s been 8 days since the event and I don´t have any symtoms (symptoms).Can I rule out any deseases?

I am very worried as I have to take care of my son in this circumstances.

I think with this event I have become paranoid.Excuse me for asking something maybe evident.

thank you Doctor.
Sorry Doctor

Logically Std´s can not be transfered by air, saliva or touch.

It´s not necessary to answer, Don´t waste your time. I will take care of my son normally.
I'm sorry to hear of your son's illness and hope that his recovery is rapid an uneventful.  Please don't worry that you can transmit any STD to him through a kiss or your particpation in his care.  That is not a possiblity. EWH
Good Morning Doctor:

Here are my tests results on the thirteenth day of the risk and as recommended by the laboratory. Today is 16 days from the risk.

VIH PCR.- NEGATIVE
PCR SYPHILIS.- I´am still waiting for the results which will be completed on monday.
Culture with urethra swab for NGU, Gonorrhea and clhamydia.- Negative.

My lab as you, believe that tests were not necessary at all, but i did them for peace of mind.

They said tests are definitive, for VIH, Gonorrhea, NGU and Clhamydia. For Syphilis nearly definitive.

With these results and your recommendation to wait three weeks without symtoms (symptoms) (discharges, sores, lessions and painful urination), would be entirely conclusive?

Thank you Doctor. If this is over no more questions. End of the nightmare.

Best regards.

Correct.  As I said two weeks ago " Unless you develop sores or other symptoms., you have no reason to worry and do not need testing."  That is still the case.

This will end this thread. EWH  

Thank you Doctor.

Best regards from Portugal. Glad for your help
Good afternoon Doctor:

As I told you I was going to inform you about my results at 4 weeks. Everything has been negative (HIV 1/2 and p-24, duo test, Hep B, Syphilis IGg IGm, Hep, Chlamydia, gonhorrea, and NGU) as you estimated. I have not had injuries, sores, discharge or any other lession in this period of time. Five weeks, two more weeks than you recomended.

I did the tests for peace of mind. In any case, I have been very calm after you said they were not necessary.

You´ve been a great help.. Thank you very much for your advice.Best regards.

MUITO OBRIGADO.