STDs Community
Brownish, Reddish discharge after unprotected sex

This forum is for questions and support regarding STD issues such as: Chlamydia, Crabs (pubic lice scabies), Gonorrhea, Hepatitis (viral), Herpes, HPV, Molluscum Contagiosum, PID, Rectal Infections, Syphilis, Trichomonas, Warts, Yeast Infection

For questions and support for HPV/genital warts, please visit our HPV Community. For questions and support for Herpes, please visit our Herpes Community.

Please note, this forum does not cover AIDS/HIV issues. Please visit our HIV Prevention Community for information and support.

Hello, I need some sound advice.  I just recently had unprotected sex with my boyfriend (one day) and another (friend) the next day (oral and vaginal) and I spotted brownish/reddish dischage after my friend and I had sex which has never happen to me.  Im currently on orht tri clyclen lo which I have been taking reguarly but just not at the same time everyday or sometimes I had to double up this month.  To make matters worse, I just cleared up a yeast infection and BV.  I have been back and forth to the doctor with a yeast and BV infection and I was finally able to clear it up and now this!!!.  I have been with my boyfriend for 7 years and I have never had break through bleeding, but Yesterday I had a brownish/reddish discharge and today I had light brownish reddish maybe with a hint of yellowish discharge in my panties...I thought it was breakthrough bleeding since I am on birth control but I am still very alarmed since this has never happened to me before.  I have no itching, burning, smell or irritation of this sort...is it possible breakthrough bleeding or a STD like clymadia, trichmonia, and/or HPV??? I know I was careless in having unprotected sex with two guys within one day of each other but as soon as I can get over this scare I will NEVER do this again...PLEASE HELP!!!   I have a doctor appointment scheduled for Friday.
Hi    /

You did put yourself at risk for the STDs you are concerned about.
If you boyfriend's and "friend's" STD stauts is known, then you can relieve alot of stress by simply asking them.   If your boyfriends STD status is unknown he should be tested too, also you "friend" need to be tested as well if his status is unknown.    

Recommendation:  Test for bacterial STDs (gonerreah, chlamydia) 7 days post exposure for conclusive results, if by friday its been more than 7 days then test for them.  

Below are some window periods you  need to consider before testing:

syphilis                           4-6   weeks post exposure
chlamydia                              7 days post exposure
gonorrea                                 7 days post exposure
NGU                                      7 days post exposure
HIV                                  3   months post exposure
HSV-                                4   months post exposure
Both statuses are known....they are clean. I'm more concern of the break through spotting discharge, which kinda looks like cottage cheese a little but not much. I hope my irresponsibility didn't put me or anyone at risk. I am schedule to get tested for any STD's on Friday. I'm just scared to know the truth.
the brownish spotting sounds like blood... usually happens after you get your period... however if you had rough sex you could have just had some bleeding. And since you had just gotten over a yeast and BV that will double the chance of blood during sex bc your vagina is tender. see your GYN...

And you don't know if someone has STDs unless you see their test results and know when they had them done, sorry but someone can have std testing and still have sex with other ppl after. Get tested like you said on friday to learn your own status... and follow the time line above provided by JJ for accurate testing.

I went and got tested today for all STD's and HIV the incident occured last Friday...the doctor stated he didnt see or smell anything nor did my urine indicate anything but a simple yeast infection but I insisted on a STD and HIV test to clear my mind.  I did take a diflucan but now I have more yeast but i was told that was the after effects of the pill and it takes Diflucan 3-5 days to work...
good to hear keep us posted
We commend you for going and getting tested, It is scary but you'll gain a wealth of knowledge by testing.  Yes please keep us posted.

A quick story:  a year ago my new gf at the time asked me if I had anything.  I told her I was "clean".   But she wanted me to test, so 7 months later I went to test, Me saying I was clean was probably due to the fact that I had no symptoms.  Knowing I was pretty permisciou the past about 13 different risky acts/partners (unprotected sex) I was scared!  Sure enough I took every test in the book, and only came back having NGU.  Just some bacteria in my urethra probably from unprotected oral, but still Im glad to know today I don't have anything.  If I didn't meet my/this gf (still together) I probably would still have been playing "sexual Russian roulette" as one good doctor puts it.