STDs Expert Forum
Bump on Labia Majora

The STD Forum is intended only for questions and support pertaining to sexually transmitted diseases other than HIV/AIDS, including chlamydia, gonorrhea, syphilis, human papillomavirus, genital warts, trichomonas, other vaginal infections, nongonoccal urethritis (NGU), cervicitis, molluscum contagiosum, chancroid, and pelvic inflammatory disease (PID). All questions will be answered by H. Hunter Handsfield, M.D. or Edward W Hook, MD.

Bump on Labia Majora

I just noticed a bump today on my labia majora and it looks like it is like hanging out, as in it is very swollen just in this one section. I tried to pop it and it kills! It didn't pop so I decided to take a hot bath and take amoxicillin. Now here is the thing. I had the same thing happen to me 6 months ago. I always have protected sex, but why would it be in the same spot? It is just this one annoying pimple, and the last time I was able to pop it after a couple of days and it went away, but this time it feels hard on the inside of it and is not popping. What is your opinion? I sit all of the time and it is bothering me just thinking about it.

Thanks for your time.

B.
No STD is likely to cause such symptoms.  A good possibility is a sebaceous cyst that periodically becomes infected.  See a dermatologist; if my guess is right, incision and drainage or simplly removing the lesion might take care of the problem.

Good luck--  HHH, MD
1 Comment
A related discussion, Do I have a STD? was started.