STDs Community
Bumpy penile "terrain"... HPV?

This forum is for questions and support regarding STD issues such as: Chlamydia, Crabs (pubic lice scabies), Gonorrhea, Hepatitis (viral), Herpes, HPV, Molluscum Contagiosum, PID, Rectal Infections, Syphilis, Trichomonas, Warts, Yeast Infection

For questions and support for HPV/genital warts, please visit our HPV Community. For questions and support for Herpes, please visit our Herpes Community.

Please note, this forum does not cover AIDS/HIV issues. Please visit our HIV Prevention Community for information and support.

Bumpy penile "terrain"... HPV?

Hi, I'm 27 with a cute face and a rough-looking character below. I have been concerned about this for a few months now, and it doesn't seem to be improving. I don't remember noticing this at all last year, and I used to even get compliments on the appearance of my penis. But this year, it seems that my penis, mainly the head, the rim (corona) of the head, and between the foreskin and head area, is very rough looking with lots of little bumps- a rough terrain. I haven't really had sex in under a year, the last was with a girl who I am uncertain of her sexual history.

Everything is flesh-colored, and nothing really hurts, but areas of pumps around the rim are a bit rougher to the touch. I know about PPP and fordyce, but the textured bumps don't look the same as pictures Ive seen. For years, I wanked it without any lube, and quite frequently, now I apply lotion every day and apply when masturbating. I don't have med insurance and have to pay out of pocket when getting blood work done, but I am concerned this may be HPV. I would be grateful for some feedback from a professional online before seeking medical attention.

actually this sounds like normal skin. if you are concerned, follow up on it properly with your provider.

have you had your gardasil shot series for hpv?

what sort of lotion are you using?  you shouldn't be using a body lotion- use a good sex lube for masturbation.

grace
thanks grace,

yeah, I think I tend to over-concern with issues that are of minimal concern lol. I had another online expert look at some pictures and said it was on the range of normal appearance. thanks for your feedback!