STDs Community
Burning around head of penis 4 weeks after unprotected oral from csw

This forum is for questions and support regarding STD issues such as: Chlamydia, Crabs (pubic lice scabies), Gonorrhea, Hepatitis (viral), Herpes, HPV, Molluscum Contagiosum, PID, Rectal Infections, Syphilis, Trichomonas, Warts, Yeast Infection

For questions and support for HPV/genital warts, please visit our HPV Community. For questions and support for Herpes, please visit our Herpes Community.

Please note, this forum does not cover AIDS/HIV issues. Please visit our HIV Prevention Community for information and support.

About 4 weeks ago while on a business trip to Vegas I got extremely drunk and ended up having unprotected oral sex from a prostitute.   During the encounter,  she started to try to insert my penis into her vagina,  but I pulled back, just brushing her clit with the head of my penis.   She then continued oral for about 15 minutes until I came.  Afterwards I immediately showered and washed my penis thoroughly.  I went to the doctor two days after and got the standard std tests,  all of which came back neg.  He gave me a zpack just to be safe at this time.  The doc said that I should come back for follow up blood tests at the 3 month mark.

About 6 days ago I started having an uncomfortable burning feeling around the edges of the head of my penis and inside the tip. also mild burning when urinating.  It also looked like a little swollen and slightly more purpleish   color on the edges.  However I do not have any visible sores anywhere.  The burning is not constant,  but just when I think it is going away, it comes back.   My testicles are also feeling a little sore.  I currently out of town with my family for the holiday,  and can't see my doc till next week.  I have been happily married for 18 years,  and can't believe what a stupid mistake I made.  The guilt i feel is beyond anything I can put into words.  Is this something I should get looked at right away?  Any ideas on what it could be?   I am also feeling very fatigued,   but that could be from lack of sleep...

Sincerely,

Very worried
No clue what it might be, doubt a STD. But worth seeing a Dr.
Thank you so much for the quick reply.

I have noticed in the last 24 hours a little more burning during urination,   and the burning is continuing ound the edges of the head of the penis, almost as of it has been rubbed raw.  Still no sores on the surface, however.  Also some slight pain in my lower abdomen.   Feeling less fatigued after getting more sleep last night, although still not at 100 percent of normal energy levels. I am on vacation out of my hometown for the next few days.  I am wondering if I should go see a dr here, or wait a few days when i return home to see my personal dr?  Just never experienced anything like this before..

Thanks,
Worried
std testing 2 days post encounter was a total waste of your time and money :(  absolutely nothing you were tested for was accurate!

since you are out of town right now, really not much you can do unless you want to interrupt your holiday to go to a local walk in clinic. follow up wednesday with a repeat exam, repeat your urine testing for chlamydia, gonorrhea and ngu. also ask for a manual exam of your prostate too.

overall oral sex is a low risk for std's. Your provider actually probably did you more harm than good by giving you a round of antibiotics since you weren't really in need of them and you very well might be having a fungal infection at this point from being on them needlessly :(   you can try picking up an otc jock itch powder or cream at this point and start using it twice a day since it's going to be a few days until you can be seen.

grace
Thank you so much for the reply.  Sorry taking so long to get back to you.  I am back in my home town now, and went back to my doctor on Thursday.  I told him about my updated issues, and he did another visual inspection, and checked my lymph nodes.  He could not find anything from that inspection, so he had me do another round of the STD blood/urine tests.  Still waiting for the results.  I will follow up as soon as the results come back.  I also have a follow up appointment with my doctor on Friday.  My symptoms seem to be getting a little better, but I have also been taking ibuprofen for my plantar facetious, which could be helping.  I do notice that the symptoms seem to come and go (one day I will feel fine, the next day the burning returns).  I still have no visible sores, although when the burning returns, the edges of the glans (glands) of my penis seem to turn a little more purple.

On a related note, I have a quick question.  Would there be any risks from me  giving my wife oral sex while in this condition?

Thanks,
Helpme20122
no risks to performing oral.
Hello Grace,

Thanks for the info.  Just as a follow up, my second STD test round from last week came back negative (taken at 36 days post bj).  However, I still am having burning and frequent urination, pain in my abdomen (around my bladder area) and sometimes the pain goes behind my penis towards my rectum area.  The head of my penis still has irritation that comes and goes, although now it looks like perhaps more redness in areas, especially around the opening to my urethera, almost like tinny little red dots, but no blisters.  I was unable to see my doctor yesterday, but am scheduled to see him on wednesday.  Today I am starting to notice less burning when urinating, although i still have some dribbling of urine after I go, and now the burning is mainly in the tip of the penis.   Since I have never ever had any problems like this before, and then it started to show up 4 weeks after the oral sex (now continuing for 3 weeks)  I am very worried that I picked up something really bad.  What do you think it could be?  Should I be this worried?  I haven't had a good night of sleep since the end of November..

Thanks so much for any advice :)
make sure they manually examine your prostate wednesday when you are seen too to make sure you don't have a prostate infection.
Thank you Grace.  I will do that.

So here is my latest update.

Now at 61 days post exposure, I am still having burning pain in my penis.  I did go for a follow up visit to the doctor 12 days ago, and he seemed to think that it was mostly in my head since my tests were all negative.  I did have him  check my prostate thru a digital exam just to make sure everything down there was ok, and he could not detect any abnormalities.  I did mention to him that I was very worried about the possibility of Herpes, but he did not think that was what my problem was.  He suggested changing my diet, cutting back on sugar and spicy / acidic foods to see if that would help.  So I left his office feeling better that perhaps it was all just paranoia causing this.  The symptoms seemed to start to get better over the next few days, but then seemed to return to it's normal pattern of bothering me one day, then not being very noticeable the next day.   I have started to now figure out that most of the burning/irritation that I am experiencing seems to be coming from my urethra, and I think in some ways feels like it is on the surface of my penis head.  Also am still having the strange symptom of the texture of the head of my penis just below the opening becoming red and now taking on a more wrinkled appearance.  I was starting to wonder if this could be the result of dribbling after urinating  causing skin irritation.  I also noticed that if I wash it with mild soap and water, it seems to tighten the skin back up and the redness goes down.  I then started to think that perhaps it was something fungal, so I got some antifungal cream and started applying it lightly.  It actual seemed to be helping the outside skin appearance, but the burning inside was continuing off and on.  Then last weekend while out of town, the irritation became a little more painful than it has been, and I noticed  what appeared to be a sore of some kind deep inside the opening to my urethra.  That really freaked me out.  Do you think that I could have herpes in my urethra that has been causing all of this trouble?  I thought that the initial herpes outbreak would occur within the first few weeks of exposure, and then last at most for a few weeks.  My problems started at exposure +21 days, and has continued thru today (now almost 6 weeks).  What are your thoughts about this?

Thanks so much!!
Oh yeah, forgot to mention that I am also noticing more mild pain in my abdomen and testicles that comes and goes...
if this was herpes related, the pain would be constant and you wouldn't be able to think of much else for the duration of the ob.

return to be seen again if symptoms are getting worse.
Hello again!  I thought I would give everyone an update as to how my situation is going.  I have still been experiencing on and off again burning urethra and penis head, and some mild abdominal pain around my bladder area (now at 8 weeks since the symptoms first appeared).  However, over the last 4 days or so the symptoms seem to be getting a little better.  Could be related to my getting back into exercising and running regularly again.

Anyhow I finally got in to see a urologist today, and after explaining to him my situation, he was more concerned about HPV or genital warts inside the urethra.  He went ahead and scoped my urinary tract and bladder this morning.  The only thing he noticed was that my prostate appeared to be somewhat swollen, red and irritated, but no sign of HPV.  He said that I had prostatitis, and prescribed a 30 day dose of cipro.

I don't know that I am totaly out of the woods yet, as I will get another round of  HSV, HIV and HepC tests at the 3 and 6 month marks to be sure, but I am certainly feeling a lot better about my situation.

Grace, I just want to send a huge "Thank You!" shout out to you for all of the work you do on this forum.  I can't speak for everyone on this forum, but I can say that for me you have helped to reduce my stress level about all of this significantly, and for that I am truly grateful!   I will update again if things change.

Thanks so much!
-Not as worried
HIV and HepC tests not needed.
glad you are getting answers finally :)

I agree, no reason for 6 month std testing or the testing vance already posted.
Dear helpme20122 and Grace,

Can you please post an update on your current situation and perhaps give me some advice? I think that I have the exact same condition, with almost the exact same symptoms that seem to come and go every few days.  Have the 30 days of CIPRO helped?  Is it clearing up?

My story is almost the same: Jan 18 - allowed prostitute to perform oral sex.  Her mouth touched me for only an instant, and even though I was very drunk, I made her put on a condom.

I freaked, and went to urgent care and got treated immediately for gonorrhea and chlamydia. About 4 weeks later, the burning starts. I see very small changes in the skin around urethura - wouldn't call them bumps or blisters, but just areas of swollen/inflamed, slightly redder/purple skin.  I was freaked out that it was Herpes or syphilis. I went to Urologist, and he said I'm fine, and that what he saw was basically normal skin. (If you keep looking for changes - you will see them, he said). I got a HSV1/2 test (kind of early at 4 1/2 weeks) and it came back negative.  With a couple of days, I started to feel better.

Then, it got worse. I went back to Urologist, and he gave me 1 week of Cipro. He did a urine culture, and it was clear.

So, right now he's treating me for a yeast/fungal infection with Clotrimazole - which is both an anti-fungal and steroid. (That's 3 days now).  It's making me feel better, but my worry is that it is the steroid just making me feel better, and not the anti-fungal fixing the problem.  I won't really know for sure until I get to the end of the 2 week treatment period.  

With some of the burning at the penis tip gone, I also have testicle ache and some muscle aching near the groin at the top of my thigh.  I'm also not sleeping (or eating very much) and a nervous wreck at how I could be so stupid.  I just don't know that I can talk about this with my wife.

The Dr. said that with the negative urine culture and the 1 week of CIPRO, that it rules out prostatis.  Is this correct?  Is there something that either he or I am missing?  I just went today (at 7.5 weeks out) for a full STD screen - hope to hear by Friday - when I will follow up with urologist.

What else can/should I do?  Any advice/guidance would be most appreciated.
Dear helpme20122,

(I replied to Grace's post, and wasn't sure if it did or didn't send you a notification...?)

(See additional details in my other post).

Thanks for any guidance, information, or advice you can provide based on your experiences!

Worried, too.
Most people don't hang around or give follow up answers. If you have a question start your own thread and it will be answered.
Am also thinking  of going to see the doc, I had unprotected sex with my ex girlfriend like  2 weeks ago , I always had sex with her raw because she told me that am the only one she let don't use protection and every other girl I being with I do wear protection. But that last time we had sex she surprise me by wanting me where a condom ,I asked her why and she told me she is sexually active with some one else and wanted me to where a condom because she want to protect me, so I asked her if she ever had unprotected sex with the new guy that she with and she assured me that she always use protection.  So I went ahead an still I  had sex with  her unprotected even though she didn't want to, no am posting this because since 5 days ago I started having slight burning sensation inside the ridge of my penis head when I urinate an sometime ,  also  at times my  the outer Layar skin of my ball sack Ich but both burning an ich come an go in seconds.never in my life I felt the weird feeling in my grind area, now am starting not to trust my ex girlfriend  . I  sent her a txt about my situation and how she is might be involved cause she is the only one I have sex with but she still don't seemed to take it seriously cause she is yet to call me back so we can't talk about it. So am going to call her right now cause I need to really know if she lied about her using protection when she with her other partner.
Hello Worried,

Sorry to drop off for so long.  My symptoms have pretty much gone now.  I have occasionally had a mild burning sensation / mild pain in my urethra and lower abdomen since getting off of the initial 30 day cipro prescription, but overall these episodes are getting to be less frequent or noticeable.  I noticed that if I started eating a healthier diet it seems to help too.  I think that my main problem was that I was so stressed out about the possibility of getting an STD that any little thing down there was a much bigger deal in my mind than in reality.  That being said, I did get one last HIV test (the take home kind),  at 6 months, which came back negative.  

Hope this helps.

Helpme20122
Thanks for the update.  That seems to be exactly what I'm experiencing.  It is getting better, but slowly.  And, while it is getting better, I am convinced that it is something more than just stress or anxiety...although it appears we may never have a clear or certain answer for just what it is...

Thanks for the update.
Hi grace and all members,
Plz help

I had sex with a lady ( I don't know wheather she is a prostitute it anything else bcz I called her through a friend ) on  September 7 2013. However in just 3 short my condom got broke and at same time I pulled my penis out of her vagina. I masturbate outside and wash my penis with hot water same time . I went to my doctor after a week so he checked my penis and Write a urine test that comes Normal. Doctor said that there is a less chance to get infected. However After that i got typhoid in local hospital test but when i visit to a good hospital and got test again that comes negative .

However after a month of that incident i am feeling some burning sensation in my penis but there is no pain At all.  i am worried when the burning sensation arrive .. The stress, anxiety and depression killing me from inside with all the negative thought comes in my mind. I am not able to eat and sleep properly . Plz help

Thanks in advance .
Abc  
Did the doctor ever diagnose you? If so what was it and is treatmemt working?
hey just wanted to say I've been feeling some similar symptoms as well and the same situation took place, i received unprotected oral from some woman i barely met, she claimed she took her tests and was all negative after i told her what happened but u can never trust anyone it sucks people can't be decent and truthful i mean this is our lives we are talking about here ,not a game and even though my situation was i got oral from her for about 30 seconds to a minute before i started telling her to get off cause it didn't feel right without protection,i made myself ejaculate and then i went to her bathroom and urinated to push whatever i could out and washed up my penis ,i drove home which is 5 minutes away immediately jumped in the shower, washed all my goring area for a good while thoroughly and within the next two days the symptoms came on, i feel a light burn like its hot and kind of moist sometimes and i pee frequently if i drink something i know i can feel the change that took place before the oral, but i went about 4 days after took std tests and said it was negative I'm praying nothing serious infected me or anything life threatening but i too regret not pushing her away that night if i could take it back i could believe me also been stressed and guilty feeling for being so stupid, but I'm about to head tomorrow to the doctor to get checked again hopefully its something curable and believe me never will i make the same mistake again as long as i live, keeping u guys in my prayers and hope u keep me in yours ,hope all turns out well guys
Hey I'm in college and i had unprotected sex with someone i met through my best friend. I am kinda scared because I also have a burning at the tips of my penis. There have been instances where yellow pus like fluids have also come out. The amount is decreasing but it is still present. I am going to get it checked in the AM but wanted to know what you think it may be. Could it really serious? Curable? Life threatening?

Scared outta my mind.
Please start your own thread.
I have the same problem my friend is very frustrating they did all the std test it was all negative this is my 4 week into this I got mine the same way oral sex if you found the solution for your problen let me know and if I find tge solution I will send you a message thank you and good luck ...
Insist that your doctor give you a 250mg shot of Ceftriaxone which is used to treat gonorrhea. I had burning penis and anus as well as painful testicles after receiving unprotected oral sex from a stripper.  Its 3 days after the shot and I am symptom free.  I was pretty much symptom free an hour after the shot.  Initially they treated me for Gonorrhea with Cefixime but Gonorrhea is resistant to that antibiotic nowadays.  The only thing I feel now is nausea from the doxycycline they gave me as a precaution against chlamydia.  I went to the clinic 3 times and the emergency room twice before I found a doctor to agree to give me the ceftriaxone shot.  You need to be persistent they are reluctant to give shots.  However the shot is safe and is recommended first line treatment for gonorrhea.  I did not have any discharge but when the doctor shoved the swab up my penis it came out with discharge on it.  I hope this helps.  
Hi helpme,

Just curious to ask how you're doing?

My symptoms are still here, more than 1 yr out. In some regards, they're bearable, but they remain. Any news or progress on your end?
I have had the exact same situation as many of the people here. I am so terriffied I can't sleep, i barely eat, and it is severely effecting my proffessional life. It is amazing what a guy will do drunk at the risk of ruining his entire life. I have learned my lesson but now I have the fear of herpes, the burning sensation at the tip of my penis, and I am constantly searching for evidence of blisters which may be adding to the irritation. It does not hurt at all during urination and visually the area still looks healthy. I am a physical and emotional wreck. Please, HelpME tell me your situation as it thus far has brought me a little hope.
Original poster not around anymore. If you have a question start your own thread please.