STDs Community
Burning sensation after oral sex. Please help.

This forum is for questions and support regarding STD issues such as: Chlamydia, Crabs (pubic lice scabies), Gonorrhea, Hepatitis (viral), Herpes, HPV, Molluscum Contagiosum, PID, Rectal Infections, Syphilis, Trichomonas, Warts, Yeast Infection

For questions and support for HPV/genital warts, please visit our HPV Community. For questions and support for Herpes, please visit our Herpes Community.

Please note, this forum does not cover AIDS/HIV issues. Please visit our HIV Prevention Community for information and support.

Dear All,

3 weeks ago i received unprotected oral sex in a massage parlor that lasted 30 seconds.
One week after i visit my doctor to ask for his advice and he gave me an antibacterial cream to use it on my penis just for prevention.
After i first use this cream i felt a burning feeling on the tip of my penis that comes and go since today.

My penis doesnt hurt when i touch it. no weird fluids comes outs, it doesnt itch me and i pee without pain. i have just the burning feeling.
Visualy it looks a little bit iritated on the tip. (red skin)
After the encounter i was washing it with antibacterial sope every 3 hours.
Now also i wash it at least 3 times per day.  maybe this caused some damage.

I noticed that when i have my mind in something else it doesnt burn me anymore. Also when i drink alchool the pain disapear.
I faced a major nervous brake down believing  the last weeks that i got HIV from this oral encounter but as i read in this forums there is not any risk and this calmed me down. Maybe the burning is a phsycological issue.

Now im afraid that i got an STD or something.

My questions is:
1) Can this be a symptom of an STD?
2) Doctor said that i can get candidiasis which is common for the SW and can be transmited easily throug oral sex.
3) My extreme anxiety lead me to drink everynight since the incident as this is the only that relaxes me and take the thoughts away. Can alchool be the  cause of  the burning penis?
4) And the old classic question. I may got HIV from this encounter?

Thank you very much for your help and advice.

Bill
Hi Billy, you penis tip started burning right after you used the cream so you can say that is why. The entrance to your penis is very sentive.You also saw your doctor so your in good hands but did doc recommend testng?
Your HIV fear is in your head as mouth bacteria would kill the HIV bug.. Really takes some good anal or vaginal sex to contract it.
you are definitely over washing your penis!! just wash it once a day and use a mild soap like unscented dove. you've dried it out needlessly from the sounds of things.

no reason to use a topical antibiotic a week after the encounter. it irritates the skin too much in our delicate genital area and nothing you would've contracted that it would help for anyways.  

grace
Thanks both for you kind words and advice.
I decide to stop drinking for few days and also i avoided to use the cream last night and not to wash like an obsesed person (not that im not)
. today i feel normal. nothing bothers me yet.

The doctor gave this cream for prevention he said.
For further tests he said that i may got any kind of STD from this 30 sec oral sex but without to make an assesment for my particular case. He spoke general. he freaked me out. and send me home.  

2 weeks of HIV thinking panic attacks. now im ok. after i read some articles in your site i put my head in order and realize that i didnt had a risk for HIV.

Now im trying to solve the rest issues as i have a person to protect after  my stupid act.

Thanks again,
Bill