STDs Expert Forum
Burning sensation along lymph glands to right of crotch...

The STD Forum is intended only for questions and support pertaining to sexually transmitted diseases other than HIV/AIDS, including chlamydia, gonorrhea, syphilis, human papillomavirus, genital warts, trichomonas, other vaginal infections, nongonoccal urethritis (NGU), cervicitis, molluscum contagiosum, chancroid, and pelvic inflammatory disease (PID). All questions will be answered by H. Hunter Handsfield, M.D. or Edward W Hook, MD.

I have been involved in a magnanimous relationship for the past few years with a woman. Its been nearly two weeks since our last encounter. Yet for the past few days now I am experiencing a periodic burning sensation along the inside of my right leg near my scrotum. The burning sensation is in a roughly vertical line along what obviously are the locations of the lymph glands along the inside of the thigh. I should point out that I have never given this supposedly monogamous relationship a second thought since it is built on trust and since it has been ongoing for over two years. Yet these burning sensations have unexplainably cropped up over the past few days, and they have finally has got my attention since, although they fade away after a few minutes, they continue to persist. I am not under any type of stress with regards to work or with regards to my relationship with this woman. Thus I am totally caught by surprise regarding these burning sensations. For the first two days when experiencing these short lasting burning sensations, I simply dismissed it and scratched, and all was well or so it seemed. Yet after a few days of this, now I wonder if she has been unfaithful.

Much more importantly, I would like to know what the possible causes are for these intermittent burning sensations, given their location.
A magnanimous relationship, huh?  Lots of good restaurants, fine wine, and first class trips to upscale resorts?  Keep this partner!

Seriously, there is no reason to suspect an STD.  No STD causes the sort of symptom you describe and this definitely is no reason to question your partner's fidelity.

That's about all I can say; it's hard to even speculate about other possibilities.  If there is redness and/or swelling as well as pain, then an infection of some sort is likely.  Such infections in the groin are typically due to staph, strep, or other common skin bacteria, not STD.

As for any unexplained symptom that is bothersome, see a health care provider.  For such a vague symptom, you're never going to get a clear answer by online searching.

Good luck--- HHH, MD