Burning urethra after ejaculation
I've had an on going annoying problem for about 2 1/2 yrs. It's not severe but bothersome. I'm an older man an have been experiencing a burning sensation in the urethra after ejaculation. It feels centered in the area between the testicles and rectum most of the time but sometimes in the urethra farther toward the tip. If I ejaculate more often it seems to diminish some. I notice something in the area of the bladder on occassion after urinating not always though.Prolonged sitting, pants that cut kind of tightly under the crotch or sometimes after a bowel movement seem to bring the warm uncomfortable sensations on as well. I've been tested for all STD's 3 times and I only have a positive result on HSV I  the oral type herpes. I've never had any lesions in the genital area. If it were to be a HSV I in the genitals area would it be a constant irritation or would it subside and re occur at different intervals as I understand herpes does. I also understand that herpes can be inside the urethra but like I said I've never seen any lesions on the outside  on the tip or anywhere else.  and I've read that urethral herpes most always is accompanied bt external lesions.Can herpes be inside the penis and not exihbit any external signs ? I have been diagnosed as having chronic non bacterial prostatitus by a urologist 2 yrs + ago and I've just put up with the annoyance. Several meds he perscribed didn't seem to have any effect and the burning has just continued non stop. I have an addiction to coffee and I do drink alcohol but not a lot. I'm under lots of stress and have been kind of worried over this. I've also read that these things can cause prostatitis.Is it possible for my sex partner to have something that I may have given her and she have no symptoms or signs of anything the same as me ? She never says she has any unusal issues and has very enjoyable sex and orgasms. She has had regular gyn exams and they are always OK. Well, after going on so long I wondered if you could give an opinion and your insight into this issue of mine. Thanks
Hi.

I didn't read all your post but prostatitis (I'm still newbie to this) symptoms and signs generally are:
- burning while urinating;
- the prostate lies between the testicles and rectum, <--- just an info, actually
- ejaculating more seems to diminish prostatitis symptoms;

Well, I suggest you talk to your doc about your prostate. Tell him everything you told me here. I don't think it has something related to HSV.
I agree with ozark.  This sounds like it could be something called BPH, which is benign prostatic hyperplasia, and is very common.

If your previous urologist didn't help so much, ask for a referral to another one.

This doesn't sound like herpes at all, and statistically, your hsv1 is oral, like most of the rest of the world.

AJ