STDs Community
Burning urinating, sore lymph nodes, no cause found yet.

This forum is for questions and support regarding STD issues such as: Chlamydia, Crabs (pubic lice scabies), Gonorrhea, Hepatitis (viral), Herpes, HPV, Molluscum Contagiosum, PID, Rectal Infections, Syphilis, Trichomonas, Warts, Yeast Infection

For questions and support for HPV/genital warts, please visit our HPV Community. For questions and support for Herpes, please visit our Herpes Community.

Please note, this forum does not cover AIDS/HIV issues. Please visit our HIV Prevention Community for information and support.

Hello, I'm a 30 year old male. 9 days ago I received unprotected oral sex. 4 days later I started experiencing burning every time I urinate, the next day I went to a local Medexpress. They did a urine dip and the Dr. said everything came back negative, nothing found, he said they would send out to a lab to test for Chlamydia and Gonorrhea. They called back 2 days ago, both tests were negative, and Dr. basically did not know what else to tell me. Later that day I went to the ER, they basically did all the same, plus a swab test, and referred me to a urologist, saying their is definitely "something weird", infection or virus. They prescribed me Phenazopyrid to help with the burning. Being the weekend I haven't even got to speak to the Urologist yet. Starting yesterday I noticed a soreness in my right groin/abdomen/thigh area, which I'm assuming is lymph nodes, it is now constant. I called the ER and spoke with that Dr. to update him and he said all my tests including the STD's came back negative, if its my lymph nodes it is probably an infection, and unless the pain gets bad I would be ok to wait to call the Urologist tomorrow. Does this sound like any STD? Can anyone tell me what else it could be? Been worrying myself sick and nerves are shot. Thanks in advance.
Hi and welcome. Unprotected oral sex is low risk for contracting STD's  but low doesnt mean no risk. Its good your test came back negative. Normally with these std's, with the burning is usually a white/yellow discharge. If you not getting that and you test came back negative including the low risk factor, could be just a urinary track infection. What ever you have is very treatable so just dont worry. Condoms are very effective in preventing these types of situation because if you used one, you could rule out the oral sex, but in the heat of the moment, things happen.
Youll be just fine. Ive had these myself and soon it will be like wakeing from a bad dream.
I hope so. Thank you!