STDs Community
CAN U GET HEP C FROM SWEAT?
About This Community:

This forum is for questions and support regarding STD issues such as: Chlamydia, Crabs (pubic lice scabies), Gonorrhea, Hepatitis (viral), Herpes, HPV, Molluscum Contagiosum, PID, Rectal Infections, Syphilis, Trichomonas, Warts, Yeast Infection

For questions and support for HPV/genital warts, please visit our HPV Community. For questions and support for Herpes, please visit our Herpes Community.

Please note, this forum does not cover AIDS/HIV issues. Please visit our HIV Prevention Community for information and support.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

CAN U GET HEP C FROM SWEAT?

Hi I know a few people in my life that have hep c my question is can it be passed from sweat?I do know its passed through blood.Please if anyone know please respond thanks
Tags: hep c, sweat
Related Discussions
8 Comments Post a Comment
Blank
580755_tn?1357673215
I don't think it is, but the best place to ask this is in the hep community. See the link above for forums, click on it and scroll to hep c and post this there. They will have the best info for you.
Blank
755829_tn?1246922825
Hep C and B are both blood borne, and are caught in the same manner as HIV, through unprotected sex and through sharing of needles, Hep C is a much hardier virus than HIV and can survive much better in the environment, Hep A (much less serve than B or C) is mainly transmitted through faecal matter, for example some goes to the bathroom does wash hands and prepares you some food.
Blank
Hep c cannot be transmitted through sweat and in fact it is very rare to be transmitted through sex. there would have to be blood involved from the person with hep c and the non infected would have to have an open wound. Hep C is a silent disease and one with hep c can live a normal life without any symtoms (symptoms).I have had hep c for over 10 years and yet to have any scarring in my liver. I also have a beautiful healty child that is hep c negative. There are diffrent genotypes of hep c and some can progress faster then others however. Most people with hep c die from other issures or old age. You have nothing to worry about. Just love and support your friends and treat them no diffrent. Do not share toothbrushes or razors, nail cutters ect... You are even safe to hug and kiss them.
Blank
thanks for the feedback:)I just want to be aware:)
Blank
Hepatitis C is not an STD
Blank
5243927_tn?1365515275
i had hep c 4 years ago, i went through treatment and i am now clear of it. i went through an educational class about the virus and it cannot be transferred through sweat or drinking after someone etc only by blood and sometimes through un protected sex, i  got pregnant when i was hep c positive and it never transferred to my child either, but you should always be causious...
Blank
3149845_tn?1386354841
This is a very old post!
Blank
5243927_tn?1365515275
i know i realized that afterwards
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker