Can Chlamydia be passed through saliva?
I just found out I caught chlamydia from my ex but not before I started dating my current bf. We have only slept together once and we used protection but I gave him breif oral sex. Could I have given him the infection?
Chlamydia affects the area of infection, so you giving oral sex would have nothing to do with the infection you have.
So does that mean I havent given him the virus.Sorry if it seems like a stupid question I just have to be sure, Also I am on my 3rd day of treatment, do you know how long it will take for the symptoms to clear?
As long as the condom did not break you would not have given it too him.

the infection and symptoms will subside in 7 days when taking Zithromax and 10 days when on Doxy.  during this time you should NOT be having sex. andI suggest a follow up test a month from taking the meds. To ensure the infection has cleared.

One more thing, Your partner and yourself should consider making an STD testing date before you have unprotected sex. If he says he was already tested you should ask to see his results. Wear a condom till then. =)
I'm really sorry to drag this out I just really need to know if I have put him at risk through me giving him oral sex. The condom never split during intercourse but he wasn't wearing one when I gave him oral. Basically I want to know if my saliva could have infected him during the oral sex as I had the virus at the time of contact???
No you did not have a risk for giving oral either.
Thankyou so much for your help (and everyone else) I can stop panicking now. I will arrange another test date for both of us just to make sure its gone, just one last question about the condition,

A few weeks ago I started to notice an odd smell from my discharge, now I know a certian amount is completley normal but I have had a recent change of diet from normal to eating currry all the time (I started working in an indian take away and I get the meals for free) Naturally to beguin with I put the smell down to that so I stopped eating them, the smell hasn't gone away so I wandered If it is to do with the chlamydia or do you think theres something else wrong?    Sorry I'm so paranoid
It could be from either, when the body has something new introduced to it be a virus or even the foods we eat it can take time for it to adjust.
Thankyou again for your great advice, if the smell persists I will get checked out again.