STDs Expert Forum
Can HPV prove infidelity?
About This Forum:

The STD Forum is intended only for questions and support pertaining to sexually transmitted diseases other than HIV/AIDS, including chlamydia, gonorrhea, syphilis, human papillomavirus, genital warts, trichomonas, other vaginal infections, nongonoccal urethritis (NGU), cervicitis, molluscum contagiosum, chancroid, and pelvic inflammatory disease (PID). All questions will be answered by H. Hunter Handsfield, M.D. or Edward W Hook, MD.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.
Blank Blank

Can HPV prove infidelity?

I have been married for 21 years and have been monogomous.  I did have 4 sex partners before that, but have had normal pap smears until my most recent one.  They are testing me for HPV.  If the test is positive, does this mean that my husband has been unfaithful to me and given me HPV? I'm pretty sure that he's been with someone else within the last year.  I did kiss someone else about 2 years ago, but there was absolutley no genital contact.  Could that cause HPV?