STDs Community
Can I get an STD from urine?

This forum is for questions and support regarding STD issues such as: Chlamydia, Crabs (pubic lice scabies), Gonorrhea, Hepatitis (viral), Herpes, HPV, Molluscum Contagiosum, PID, Rectal Infections, Syphilis, Trichomonas, Warts, Yeast Infection

For questions and support for HPV/genital warts, please visit our HPV Community. For questions and support for Herpes, please visit our Herpes Community.

Please note, this forum does not cover AIDS/HIV issues. Please visit our HIV Prevention Community for information and support.

Can I get an STD from urine?

This may seem a little out there but here goes...
I was at a bar and sat on a chair (cushioned), not realizing that it was wet until sitting for a few minutes - I am not 100 % positive it was urine but I think it was
I was wearing a thin dress and underwear
The 'wetness' seaped through my dress and underwear.
Lets assume the worst -> that the wet spot on the chair was urine, and that the person who urinated on the chair has an STD....
Can I contract an STD in this situation??
I am very very concerned.  To top it off, I have a germ phobia.    any feedback would be greatly appreciated! PLEASE respond!
What does STD mean? Sexually Transmitted Disease. So this means you have to have sexual contact to pass along anything.
So you can not get an STD from urine.
Also if you think about it why would someone urinate on a chair? It was probably just beer or water.
it smelled like urine - it was a bar - someone was probably DRUNK and pissed on the chair
honestly,, i would get checked. and vance2335...it makes perfect sense to me..bar and people urinating in random places  go hand in hand!!
it is possible for germs from an std to be transmitted through pee(i believe although im not sure ...im a germphobe as well)
are you having any symptoms???
I don't know what bars you go to but I have never been to one where someone urinates on a chair. And yes I was in college and went to a college that was known for it's drinking so urinating in bars is not new to be, but on chairs is.

No STD's are not passed through urine. Ok even if you want to worry about an STD being passed through urine (which you shouldn't because it is not possible) STD's do not live well outside of the body. They die quickly after being exposed to the outside. So if it was possible to get an STD through urine (which it's not) you would have to sit down a second after the person urinated to get anything.

But like I said STD's are not passed through urine.
thanks all, actually i dont go out all that often, i am a student, however not the type to frequents drinking establishments  - law student hence no time however this was a special occassion - it was halloween night, friends were dressing up, bar appeared to be fully capacitated and all types young, old, professionals and non appeared quite inebriated
The only things you'd get from this are a soiled dress and grossed out.

Aj
I am doing a project in my science class and it is on STDs, and you can get a STD for not even having sex like oral intercourse so if I was you I wouldn't blow it off I would go to my obgyn before it gets bad,
What stds are you talking about?  Yes, you can get stds with oral sex, but you won't get one from sitting in urine, etc.

To get the best info for your project, go to www.ashastd.org or www.cdc.gov - those are the best std sites.

aj
"type to frequents drinking establishments"
"fully capacitated"
Wow, law student, really? I'm glad you're well-educated. What law school do you attend?