STDs Community
Can an STD be transmitted from Saliva?
About This Community:

This forum is for questions and support regarding STD issues such as: Chlamydia, Crabs (pubic lice scabies), Gonorrhea, Hepatitis (viral), Herpes, HPV, Molluscum Contagiosum, PID, Rectal Infections, Syphilis, Trichomonas, Warts, Yeast Infection

For questions and support for HPV/genital warts, please visit our HPV Community. For questions and support for Herpes, please visit our Herpes Community.

Please note, this forum does not cover AIDS/HIV issues. Please visit our HIV Prevention Community for information and support.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Can an STD be transmitted from Saliva?

Hello there!

About 2 years ago, my girlfriend masturbated me and licked my penis a couple times. I kind of got terrified that I would get an STD from all this even though the girl was a virgin. The idea that perhaps an STD could have been transmitted to her from her parents kept eating at me. At the time, there was no open wounds in her mouth or on my penis, at least I did not see any.

Questions:

1) Can an STD be transmitted via Saliva?

2) What would be the symptons after two years? Would I have noticed?

3) How long could a girl survive with an STD transmitted from childbirth?

4) After all this, I got a red spot on my penis that went away after washing, Could this be a sign of something?

Thank you!

Tags: help, STD, risk