Can animals transmit HPV (human type) to people?
I just found out a friend of mine has HPV and has been using my toilet. I've never been paranoid but leaving the lid up and recently found out that my cats and dog have drank from the toilet. Even though I am aware that they cannot catch the human strain I am wondering if they can "catch it" and transmit it in their saliva to me if my dog licks my face. Maybe I'm just being overly paranoid but it has been really bothering me lately. Please, help me out.

Thanks.
I've looked all over the web and I cannot find any sites that would even discuss this, I can't be the only one who has this concern. :(

There are other things in life worth may more the worry than what you describe above.  

HPV stands for "HUMAN human papillomavirus".   Your animals cannot get infected  with HPV and then (re) - infect humans.   Animals do get cancer, that is they do "catch it", but not in STD format, but as long as you aren't having sex with them, then you have nothing to worry about.
You are probably one of the few people with this concern.   Therapy or phycolgoical counceling would help you with this anxiety.  
you aren't going to get hpv from your friend using your toilet.

your animals are not going to get hpv from your friend using your toilet.  You aren't going to get hpv from your animals licking your face either.  

don't be lazy, close the toilet lid and give your animals clean water from the tap in a bowl. if you ever had microbiology class and cultured toilet water, you'd stop letting your animals have access to it for drinking water!

grace
what about if the human got an open wound?

or about a more direct case, under a dog bite?

would the dog possibly be a carrier of HPV?

and what type of diseases could be infected by human through a dog bite injury?
this is an old post. if you have a hpv concern, post on the hpv forum . thanks!