STDs Community
Can animals transmit HPV (human type) to people?
About This Community:

This forum is for questions and support regarding STD issues such as: Chlamydia, Crabs (pubic lice scabies), Gonorrhea, Hepatitis (viral), Herpes, HPV, Molluscum Contagiosum, PID, Rectal Infections, Syphilis, Trichomonas, Warts, Yeast Infection

For questions and support for HPV/genital warts, please visit our HPV Community. For questions and support for Herpes, please visit our Herpes Community.

Please note, this forum does not cover AIDS/HIV issues. Please visit our HIV Prevention Community for information and support.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Can animals transmit HPV (human type) to people?

I just found out a friend of mine has HPV and has been using my toilet. I've never been paranoid but leaving the lid up and recently found out that my cats and dog have drank from the toilet. Even though I am aware that they cannot catch the human strain I am wondering if they can "catch it" and transmit it in their saliva to me if my dog licks my face. Maybe I'm just being overly paranoid but it has been really bothering me lately. Please, help me out.

Thanks.
Related Discussions
6 Comments Post a Comment
Blank
I've looked all over the web and I cannot find any sites that would even discuss this, I can't be the only one who has this concern. :(
Blank
1318465_tn?1340571541
Hi

There are other things in life worth may more the worry than what you describe above.  

HPV stands for "HUMAN human papillomavirus".   Your animals cannot get infected  with HPV and then (re) - infect humans.   Animals do get cancer, that is they do "catch it", but not in STD format, but as long as you aren't having sex with them, then you have nothing to worry about.
Blank
1318465_tn?1340571541
You are probably one of the few people with this concern.   Therapy or phycolgoical counceling would help you with this anxiety.  
Blank
101028_tn?1348750963
you aren't going to get hpv from your friend using your toilet.

your animals are not going to get hpv from your friend using your toilet.  You aren't going to get hpv from your animals licking your face either.  

don't be lazy, close the toilet lid and give your animals clean water from the tap in a bowl. if you ever had microbiology class and cultured toilet water, you'd stop letting your animals have access to it for drinking water!

grace
Blank
what about if the human got an open wound?

or about a more direct case, under a dog bite?

would the dog possibly be a carrier of HPV?

and what type of diseases could be infected by human through a dog bite injury?
Blank
101028_tn?1348750963
this is an old post. if you have a hpv concern, post on the hpv forum . thanks!
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
STDs Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
242532_tn?1269553979
Blank
The 3 Essentials to Ending Emotiona...