Can chlamydia go undetected for 4 years?
I am 34 weeks pregnant and had a bleed of brown blood (we had had sex 2 days prevously) i went to the hospital and got it all checked out. the midwife said i had some kind of erosion in my cervix that would cause brown (old) blood but she also demanded i do a chlamydia test. i had chlamydia once before when i first met my partner and we both got tested and treated. since then we have had no more tests done as we are both faithful. is it possible for chlamydia to go unnoticed (symptom free) for as much as 4 years? i have had no symptoms of it and neither has he ( i do get cystitis but not often and ive been getting it since i was 16) could i still have it? or would i have really noticed a problem by now?
There has been 1 case of chlymida going 4 years and not knowing it. But your partner would have it also. So the chance you had it for 4 years...very very very very slim, and couple that with your partner probably having it that long...as close to zero possibility as possible.

If your test does come back positive I would ask for a retest and have partner test also.
You don't have chlamydia. You would've had some type of symptom.
thanks guys for your responses. It kinda scared me half to death to think i may have had it that long (my main concern being my baby) as i know it can be symptomless for some time (just wasnt sure how long) and apart from the odd bout of cystitis here and there which was usually cured with over the counter stuff (and avoiding things like cider!) ive had no symptoms (remembering back to when i did have it i got a very foul water infection and a also bacterial vaginosis)
Here is a bit more reassurance. When i was pregnant, EVERY time i had sex, i spotted old blood. It is when it is bright red that you should worry.
you were both treated for chlamydia so unless one of you has had other partners, it's not going to be going on now.

did they also send off a herpes culture of your symptoms?  do you know if herpes was part of your testing during this pregnancy?  has your partner ever been tested for herpes?

grace