STDs Community
Can chlamydia reoccur after treatment?

Ask questions, get support regarding sexually transmitted diseases (STDs): chlamydia, crabs (pubic lice scabies), Gonorrhea, Hepatitis (viral), Molluscum Contagiosum, pelvic inflammatory disease, rectal infections, Syphilis, Trichomonas, yeast infection. For HPV/genital warts visit HPV Community. For Herpes please visit Herpes Community.

For AIDS/HIV issues, please visit HIV Prevention.

Can chlamydia reoccur after treatment?

My husband and I have gotten treated for chlamydia but it seems to reoccur even after is this possible?
Thanks so much because we have gone to different doctors and been told that is was chlamydia and been told by another thaty it was bv.
I'm going to go out on a limb and guess one of you cheated and gave the other the STD. If you took the meds and it's continuing to reoccur....I'd take a stab in the dark that whomever was cheating...still is and is not taking the necessary precautions to prevent reinfection.
If the dosing schedule is incorrect chlamydia may reoccur. So I wouldn't be as extreme as penswriter)) As IT just might be a forgotten pill.