STDs Community
Can french kissing transmit HPV

This forum is for questions and support regarding STD issues such as: Chlamydia, Crabs (pubic lice scabies), Gonorrhea, Hepatitis (viral), Herpes, HPV, Molluscum Contagiosum, PID, Rectal Infections, Syphilis, Trichomonas, Warts, Yeast Infection

For questions and support for HPV/genital warts, please visit our HPV Community. For questions and support for Herpes, please visit our Herpes Community.

Please note, this forum does not cover AIDS/HIV issues. Please visit our HIV Prevention Community for information and support.

Can french kissing transmit HPV

I was wondering if french kissing can transmit HPV and if it can, how likely isit that one can get oral HPV from french kissing? Also, if one does have oral HPV, does sharing food, dinning utensils and daily items such as cups or towels transmit HPV?
Oral HPV is rare if it happens at all. I would not be concerned about it.
And you can not transmit any STD from enviromantal surfaces as you describe above.
the problem i have with the disease is that most people infected with oral HPV doesnt show symptoms yet there is no test for this disease so even if you are infected, there is no way of knowing for sure if you are or not.  So for me being chinese, isnt it easy to spread the disease to my family while eating with chopsticks?  It kills me to think i might spread a cancer causing disease to my family and there is no way i can prove i am not doing it.  
as i said it is not spread from enviromantal surfaces like you said it is skin to skin contact.
also you say most people infected with oral HPV...it is rare to have it if it happens at all.
However if there is no test to find oral HPV then how can people say it is rare if they arent even sure if they have it?
visual diagnosis
visual diagnosis is the part that bother me the most because most people who gotten oral HPV has no symptoms until it becomes oral cancer yet they can transmit it to others without symptom.  How can one protect the ones he love if he caught oral HPV and can never find out if he really caught it or not? This is my main concern because how can men feel safe kissing girls if he can get oral HPV and never find out if he does.  He can then pass it on to others he love put them in harm's way.  
hpv 16 is the strain most implicated in oral cancers. it's covered by the gardasil shot and also in cervarix.  Since you are so concerned, keep an eye on when it's approved for males ( should be next month or so ) and get vaccinated yourself.

Why this excessive concern in 2 posts now on std's being transmitted thru kissing and sharing utensils and especially hpv in particular?

grace
grace, sorry about the overly concern but i know this disease can pass through kissing which means many many people could have the disease and since there is no test or cure, no one can be sure about how many people has it and how long it lasts.  Last month, i kissed a club girl in china whom wasnt the safest girl to kiss.  However at the time, i was very naive about STDs and didn't realize STDs can pass through kissing.  Now, a month later, i am still constantly haunted by the thoughts that i might have put my family in danger with  my reckless and stupid action and i want it to stop.  However, since there is no test for oral HPV, no  matter how rare it is, i cant convince myself im not gonna pass anything to my family.  I have 2 younger sibling and i would rather die than to harm them in any way.  Oral HPV can cause cancer and RRP which can ruin their lives and i just cant leave that kind of risk upon chance.  I want to get tested to see if i do have oral HPV but there is nowhere to test.  I just dont know how i can feel clean and normal again with risks of my family on my mind all the time.  what can i do? i cant forgive myself if i hurt them.
You have FORTY-FIVE posts in the STD forums- all because you kissed a girl. Clearly, these forums cannot help you with your problem and you need to seek personal counseling with a mental help professional. To say that it isn't normal to be so concerned about a kiss is putting it too mildly.

You clearly have a serious mental health issue that is not going to get solved over the Internet, and I think that getting your questions answered here is only going to continue to fuel your anxiety over this incident. It is very clear that you are not listening to the advice that you receive here.

I hope that one of the moderators here agrees with me and takes appropriate action concerning your excessive posting, as I really think this website is just deferring you from getting the help that you really need.