STDs Community
Can fungal infection cause papules on scrotum?

This forum is for questions and support regarding STD issues such as: Chlamydia, Crabs (pubic lice scabies), Gonorrhea, Hepatitis (viral), Herpes, HPV, Molluscum Contagiosum, PID, Rectal Infections, Syphilis, Trichomonas, Warts, Yeast Infection

For questions and support for HPV/genital warts, please visit our HPV Community. For questions and support for Herpes, please visit our Herpes Community.

Please note, this forum does not cover AIDS/HIV issues. Please visit our HIV Prevention Community for information and support.

I had unprotected oral sex about 3 months ago (no more than 5 minutes), and just recently started feeling some odd things down below (about 2 weeks).  It started w/ a open rash/irritation at the crease where my legs join my pelvic area. I went to the docs, and he said it wasn't herpes or an STD and I have nothing to worry about. He gave me some ointment and it cleared in about 2 days. It never did crust over, it just healed nicely ...  So now, 2 weeks later I now have had a slight tingling in my lower body, mainly in the butt area area and into my legs (right to the foot, primarily the right leg).  I noticed the last coupe of days what looks like pearly penile papules on my scrotum -- they don't itch or cause any discomfort.  The penis itself is fine.  I guess what I'm asking is, can a fungal infection cause my follicles or papules to be more noticeable?  I am going to the docs in a couple days, I just wondered what I could expect ...
it's been long enough since the encounter that if this was hsv1 genitally, your most likely suspect from oral sex, wouldn't be showing up without itching or pain.  Sounds like your provider thought you had a fungal infection initially when you were seen?

I'd consider the foot/leg pains to be separate from the scrotum rash at this point and follow up on them appropriately.

grace
Thanks Grace .... I mean, there is some overall discomfort in the area -- but it isn't anything I would call painful (by a long shot).  It's never been itchy at all ... the doc took one look at it instantly knew what it was.  Prescribed ointment and I was fixed right up, as I said.  This may be my uneducated guess, but if it was herpes wouldn't I have open sores by now? This has been 2 (even pushing 3 now that I think of it) weeks -- nothing has gotten worse at all. I've been stressed about other things in life, plus had a cold that everyone around here seemed to have some I'm thinking it's all due to increased sweating in the area.   I'd appreciate your opinion on this .. .
Hey Genxx30.... I have this same problem with the crease in my groin... one side a straight un-raised or indented red rash, under the skin, and the other side an open sore that is indented and a bit red-ish. looks like a syphilis canchre except in the crease, is dry, and doesnt itch. I tested negative for herpes and syphilis at 4 weeks, so its not an STD (unless i have HIV....heh still waiting for those results.) are these symptoms similar to yours?
Hey Sir,

Both of mine were open ..  I don't have them any more so I can't really say if they were dry. I mean, they were open, so they were somewhat moist of course but they def. weren't pussing.  I have to get an STD test  yet ...  will go tomorrow.  Did you find your open sore painful? Mine was quite .... more so than typical chaffing.     Good luck on your results ...
Also,

Typically wouldn't I have experienced the tingling before the rash broke out?  The rash seemed to come out of nowhere -- no discomfort or itching before hand what so ever. Zero. Then one day, boom -- painful lesion type rash.  I should have mentioned, the Doc said it was Impetigo in the first place.  It's just that I worry about misdiagnosis.   But 2+ weeks of tingling with no new rash anywhere makes me think he was right. Like I said in my initial post -- my hair follicles and papules seem to be more pronounced but nothing has "burst" or blistered ... no pain, just slight discomfort where I need to adjust how I'm sitting and all is good for a while.  

I would greatly appreciate anyone's response.
Oh, and the discomfort almost seems to be subcutaneous ... lightly touching the skin isn't really sensitive.