STDs Expert Forum
Can oral sex pass STD?
About This Forum:

The STD Forum is intended only for questions and support pertaining to sexually transmitted diseases other than HIV/AIDS, including chlamydia, gonorrhea, syphilis, human papillomavirus, genital warts, trichomonas, other vaginal infections, nongonoccal urethritis (NGU), cervicitis, molluscum contagiosum, chancroid, and pelvic inflammatory disease (PID). All questions will be answered by H. Hunter Handsfield, M.D. or Edward W Hook, MD.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.
Blank Blank

Can oral sex pass STD?

My story;

I am a married man in my 40's and on 10-27 I visited a prostitute and performed cunnilingus on her for a short time(5 minutes) and received a handjob from her (no sexual intercourse).

On 11-3 I woke up to a slight sore throat and saw 2/3 small raised pus sacks near the back of my throat (on the uvula).  The day before the sore throat (11-2) I performed cunnilingus on my wife.

Since that time I have read STD Q&A's on this forum and saw that chances were low that I acquired an STD (namely gonorrhea) from the time I spent with the prostitute. I then continued sexual intercourse with my wife several times over the past 2 weeks, but just to be safe I did not perform cunnilingus with her since 11-2.

On 11-21 my wife said that she has been spotting/light bleeding for the past week between periods and she said that it was very unusual.

My questions;

1) Could I have acquired gonorrhea of the throat or another STD from the prostitute?

2) If #1 is possible could I have passed gonorrhea to my wife through cunnilingus with her?

3)  What else would explain my wife's statement of her unusual bleeding?

4) If #1 & #2 are possible, wouldn't it then be possible for me to get gonorrhea of the urethra from sexual intercourse with my wife? (I have not had any symptoms in that regard).

I appreciate that I have an opportunity to ask these questions of a professional on a forum such as this.  Doctor, I am anxious over the matter and I am just looking for some answers. Thank you.