STDs Community
Can trich reoccur a year later after being treated?

This forum is for questions and support regarding STD issues such as: Chlamydia, Crabs (pubic lice scabies), Gonorrhea, Hepatitis (viral), Herpes, HPV, Molluscum Contagiosum, PID, Rectal Infections, Syphilis, Trichomonas, Warts, Yeast Infection

For questions and support for HPV/genital warts, please visit our HPV Community. For questions and support for Herpes, please visit our Herpes Community.

Please note, this forum does not cover AIDS/HIV issues. Please visit our HIV Prevention Community for information and support.

I was diagnosed with Trich Nov 2011. I have been married for the last nine years. Nov 2011 I began to have symptoms that I thought was BV. I went to the doctor and was told I had trich. This was the first time I was ever diagnosed with it. My husband of course said he was not unfaithful. I took the one dose, 4 pills of metronidazole and my symptoms cleared up. He was treated also. Now in Nov 2012 I began to have symptoms again, same as before. I went to the doctor and told it was trich again. I did not have any problems/symptoms in between last year and now. My husband again claims to have been faithful. Is there any other explanation. I am not convinced of his fidelity he does not have the best track record. Just curious if it could have not cleared up the first time and came back again even though I didn't have any more symptoms, although that wouldn't explain how I got it the first time. Any help would be great

This discussion is related to Can trichomoniasis be dormant?.
Hi Netty, you can get tric a gain but it is from exposure to past partners who had it and were not treated. It is a parasite that is passes back and forth through unprotected sex. If you think he is giving it to you, you are most likely right.
you tried to post to an old post on the std experts forum so it was bumped over here. you have to pay to post on the experts forum.

you are almost certainly having false positive trich results.  They are more common than some providers realize. Here is a prior std experts forum on the issue that I think you will find very helpful and you should encourage your provider to look more into it too.  http://www.medhelp.org/posts/STDs/Trichomoniasis/show/1119263

grace
Interesting.....what else would give me a greenish discharge, itching, odor, and vaginal irritation?
many infections can.

you can get hubby tested for trich. the newer trich tests for males are more likely to pick up on trich than the older ones were.  he would need this done before he treats.
Omg..I have been dealing with this hell for 3 yrs. My husband did cheat on me in 2010. I then was diagnosed with it again in jan 2012. Now again jan 2013. It doesnt make any sense! Why would I get it 1 time in a yr if he was cheating...which of course he swears not. Please please let me know what happened in your case. I feel so alone in this matter.
In my case my husband was cheating. He of course denied it at first but after being pressured admitted to it.
Was he cheating both times?