Can trich stay in your system even after treatment?
I've been treated three times in the past year for trich but it keeps coming back. My bf swears he hasn't been with anyone else... is that possible? We figured he must have had it when we met because for the first year, I thought I had recurring yeast infections. There are no signs that he has been cheating on me, but this last time I'm wondering if I should call it quits. We've been together 2 years. We were both treated each time and the last time we made sure to wait the 2 weeks and then used a condom when we did have sex. Can trich stay in your system even after treatment?
I wouldn't be too hasty to call it quits. Trichomoniasis can reaccur quite easily and isn't always simple to get rid of. How were you treated? With tablets or cream? Your boyfriend would have to be very stupid and very unlucky to keep cheating and getting trich each time.
actually trich is very easily treated and typically goes away after 1 treatment.

what testing is your provider doing?  sometimes you can get false positives for trich on the testing from non-std related infections.  

what are they treating you with each time you are testing + for trich?

has your partner been tested/treated for trich too?

grace
I was given the 4 pills that you take all at once. It's definitely not a false positive. I'm experiencing the symptoms... itching, discharge... Yes, my partner was also treated. He hasn't experienced any symptoms though. I'm just frustrated that it keeps coming back after treatment. It's been 6 months since I was last treated. Why would it come back?
It would not "come back" you can get reinfected or it was not even trich to begin with or it was trich and now you have something else
I actually don't think you are being treated for trich.  sounds more like they are giving you azithromycin which isn't a treatment for trich.
The medicine is called Metronidazole.
well that's the right medication but since the one time dose isn't working for you, both you and your partner should have the full 7 day dose instead and make sure you avoid sex for at least a week after treatment and see if that helps you finally get rid of this.  I'd go back monthly for testing to make sure you have cleared it since you aren't getting rid of it easily.

best of luck!
Thanks so much!
Thanks, Tony. I am struggling with this, but I'm open to talking with him and seeing if we can put this past us.
  I have been dealing with this crap since 2003.  I don't know how I got it because I was pregnant when I was diagnosed and not sleeping with anyone at the time, but I know you can have it and not show symptoms.  I did not have any sex after and was told I had it a few months later and I still have it "pop up" ever so often.  My husband and I both got treated and he took it well and didn't question me, but I was always honest about it. Everyone's body is different I guess because I took both the four pills at one time and the twice a day for 7 days and every couple of years like clock work, it's back. The thing I hate most is, everyone looking at me like I sleep around or that I had to have been sexually active.  I just consider it a part of me and try to stay positive.  Always remember, they find out new things everyday in science, so no one can tell you a clear cut answer.
    Wish you more luck than me.
I'm experiencing the same thing. I been treated twice I've been in and out of the hospital because the symptoms are so annoying. It completely cleared in my bf but it seem its more of a hassle with me. My treatments were one dose of flagyl. Do I need a stronger dose ? Does trich truly ever die completely ?  I'm terrified. My bf and I are terrified to be intimate with each other. Please someone help me I'm traumatized.
Start your own thread and your question will be answered.
I took 4 pills on Fri to get treated for trich, my ex bf hasn't got treated, but I had sex with him Tuesday,do I have to get treated again?
Start your own thread please