STDs Expert Forum
Can you contract herpes from licking nipples?

The STD Forum is intended only for questions and support pertaining to sexually transmitted diseases other than HIV/AIDS, including chlamydia, gonorrhea, syphilis, human papillomavirus, genital warts, trichomonas, other vaginal infections, nongonoccal urethritis (NGU), cervicitis, molluscum contagiosum, chancroid, and pelvic inflammatory disease (PID). All questions will be answered by H. Hunter Handsfield, M.D. or Edward W Hook, MD.

About 4 weeks ago I went to massage parlor where I got a body rub from one of the attendants. The only contact that my mouth had with her was that I licked her nipples and thats it.

Just about 2 weeks ago I felt a tingling sensation on my upper lip. At first it was localized at that area only. A few days later I started feeling that tingling sensation around my lips(both upper and lower) the chin and sometimes on the inside of my lip too. It was accompanied by severe itching around the area between my nose and upper lip and at other random parts of the face i.e near the eye brows, ears, cheeks and nose. There have been no sores, lesions, rashes since the aforementioned symptons. I went to my doctor and he said its not oral herpes as it would have resulted in an outbreak by now and also the tingling is more localized for oral herpes rather than all over the place.

Could I have contracted oral herpes?
I agree with your doctor.  The sort of exposure you describe is not a known risk fact for herpes and your symptoms are not suggestive.  As your doctor has told you, had you somehow acquired oral herpes, you would have developed lesions soon after you experienced abnormal sensations.  Further, as your doctor has pointed out, herpes is typically a localized process not migratory in the way the you describe.  On the other hand, the sort of tingling you describe is common with anxiety and related focusing on possible abnormal sensations following an exposure.  EWH
Thank you doctor.

Also what does the term asymptomatic mean. Does it mean that a person does not show any signs including the ones that I have mentioned above or does it mean that lesions and sores do not appear?

Also what is the risk of HIV transmission if a girl only licked the penis and the testicles. She did not give me a ******* and she did not go anywhere near the head of the penis?

Asymtopmatic means that the person who is infected is not aware of their infection.  They may or may not have lesions which they have not noted.  The term asymptomatic also includes persons who do not show signs of infection.  It is a broad inclusive term.  

There is no risk from having your penis licked,
EWH
Thank you doctor.

I am still experiencing the tingling sensation around my lips as I had initially mentioned. It sort of died down in the middle but not completely. Now it has come back to what it orignially felt like. Could a herpes outbreak last for such a long period. Its been 5 weeks since the initial onset of the tingling.
You seem to be having trouble moving forward.  Thsi will have to be my last reply to you.  

There is no reason for you to be worried about herpes.  Isolate tingling of the lips of the sort you describe is just not suggestive of oral herpes but it is a common sign of anxiety.  Please relax.

This thread is now over.  EWH
Thank you doctor.

I appreciate your help.