STDs Community
Can you get STD's from a dog?

Ask questions, get support regarding sexually transmitted diseases (STDs): chlamydia, crabs (pubic lice scabies), Gonorrhea, Hepatitis (viral), Molluscum Contagiosum, pelvic inflammatory disease, rectal infections, Syphilis, Trichomonas, yeast infection. For HPV/genital warts visit HPV Community. For Herpes please visit Herpes Community.

For AIDS/HIV issues, please visit HIV Prevention.

Can you get STD's from a dog?

Okay, really weird question. Hear me out. I went down to let the dogs in a a few weeks ago, and I was in my nightclothes. We have a gate to the kitchen and I stepped over it, rather than opening it. Because it was dark I didn't see my dogs were already inside. And one of them sleeps by the gate. As I'm stepping over, she sticks her nose in my private parts and a licks a few times.

I, naturally, was rather freaked out, and went to have a shower straight away, but I am a little concerned.... I have hypochondriac tendencies... and this is just too weird to explain to a doctor...
Tags: STDs, Dogs, shower, weird, help, freaked out