STDs Community
Can you get STDs with a condom on?

Ask questions, get support regarding sexually transmitted diseases (STDs): chlamydia, crabs (pubic lice scabies), Gonorrhea, Hepatitis (viral), Molluscum Contagiosum, pelvic inflammatory disease, rectal infections, Syphilis, Trichomonas, yeast infection. For HPV/genital warts visit HPV Community. For Herpes please visit Herpes Community.

For AIDS/HIV issues, please visit HIV Prevention.

Can you get STDs with a condom on?

I had sex with a women 5 days ago and we used a condom the whole time which was only a few minutes.

the condom seemed to slip up a little bit and didn't go all the way down to the base of my pe*is the whole time, but most of the time it did.

what are the chances of getting an STD or something worse that way????????

thank you.
well no wonder you had to post here after the very confusing and erroneous reply you had in the other forum!

can you get std's even while using a condom for sex? yes you can but the risk of them is lowered significantly. hpv, herpes and syphilis are the biggest risks from condom protected sex but even the risk of them is very low.   in general, we don't recommend testing from condom protected sex unless you have another partner you are protecting or if you should develop symptoms of a std.

grace
Avatar n tn
Thanks, Grace! Appreciate your input.