STDs Expert Forum
Can you get chlamydia from mutual masturbation?

The STD Forum is intended only for questions and support pertaining to sexually transmitted diseases other than HIV/AIDS, including chlamydia, gonorrhea, syphilis, human papillomavirus, genital warts, trichomonas, other vaginal infections, nongonoccal urethritis (NGU), cervicitis, molluscum contagiosum, chancroid, and pelvic inflammatory disease (PID). All questions will be answered by H. Hunter Handsfield, M.D. or Edward W Hook, MD.

A while ago, (a few months, maybe), I hooked up with a guy who said he was tested for all STDs and came out clean (we're both in college).  He masturbated, and before ejaculating, he fingered me.  I got tested for chlamydia and gonorrhea about 5 days later and came out negative, but I just found out that the incubation period is longer than I thought.  Could I have caught it from this?
In theory, it might be possible to transmit chlamydia (and gonorrhea, for that matter) by hand-genital contact.  But if it happens at all, it is exceedinlgy rare.  For the purpose of STD risk, only vaginal, anal, or oral intercourse counts.  Kissing, mutual masturbation, body rubbing, etc are not significant risks.

Anyway, you are confusing incubation period with the interval for accurate testing; they are not the same.  Incubation period is the gap between catching an infection to onset of symptoms, which is typically 2-10 days for gonorrhea and 7-21 days for chlamydia.  However, for both infections, testing probably is accurate within a couple days of exposure.  Your negative tests are reliable evidence you weren't infected.

I hope this helps.  Best wishes--  HHH, MD
really?  i heard it took 6 weeks for tests for chlamydia to be accurate.  You mean that isn't true?
You heard wrong.  A few days maximum.  Perhaps you or your source of information is confused with blood tests for syphilis, HIV, herpes, or others.
thank you!!!!
A related discussion, chlamydia transmission via close genital contact was started.