STDs Community
Can you have two herpes outbreaks 5 weeks apart, yet the sore from the ...

This forum is for questions and support regarding STD issues such as: Chlamydia, Crabs (pubic lice scabies), Gonorrhea, Hepatitis (viral), Herpes, HPV, Molluscum Contagiosum, PID, Rectal Infections, Syphilis, Trichomonas, Warts, Yeast Infection

For questions and support for HPV/genital warts, please visit our HPV Community. For questions and support for Herpes, please visit our Herpes Community.

Please note, this forum does not cover AIDS/HIV issues. Please visit our HIV Prevention Community for information and support.

Can you have two herpes outbreaks 5 weeks apart, yet the sore from the first outbreak never healed?

I had unprotected vaginal sex with a woman of unknown status, I got this one sore on the tip of my penis, and another one on the side of my head. I think I may have it, because its happened before. The thing is the outbreaks usually last  about a month. I noticed my lesion yesterday, and it was as if sweat came out of the cut when i squeezed it. It was clear. My outbreak that I had before has lasted 5 weeks and counting. Can anybody relate or help me?
Have you been diagnosed with herpes? So you know for sure that the "sore" you are describing is a herpes lesion?

Herpes lesions don't last 5 weeks. They clear up within a week or so.

If you are concerned it is herpes, see a practitioner at the time you have the lesion so they can culture it. Or  get  a blood test to be sure.
I get back to back recurrences when I"m not on suppressive therapy.  The only time I've ever had a recurrence last more than about 10 days was once when I had a whopper of a bacterial infection going on at the same time.  Even getting 2 ob's a month I still have definite periods of healing in between.

Why if you are going to obsess about all this are you waiting for 6 months to pass before following up on it? Why not get a pcr swab when you have fresh lesions?

Until you get your test results I"m not sure we can really help you with all your frequent posting ( there I go being mean again eh? ).  There really isn't much we can do for you dear except guess a lot which is what you seem to be doing well enough with on your own.

grace
Nope havent been diagnosed, plan on doing it when i take my HIV for the final time at 6 months. I have no idea, people on here seem to think i dont cause of the length of them being there is different. If i did, im curious cause most people with severe symptoms usually have alot of them, and idk if that would make it take longer. I only have two lesions, the one that just broke out, and the other one that hasnt healed even though its been over 5 months.  definitely gonna get checked to make sure. Yeah im  sure my lesions have lasted almost 5 weeks. Is having a bloated stomach and dry cough a symptom of any std, other then hepatitis b and c, which i dont think i have. I was testd for HIV at 14 weeks and negative, but still worried.
thanks for getting back to me, ill do what you suggested and just go ahead and get tested tommorow
have you seen a doctor at all yet?  a sore that doesn't heal for 5 weeks is certainly reason to be examined!

grace
Havent gotten a real STD test in over 3 months...a couple days after the exposure, but they never gave me a herpes test though. Just ghonorrea, clamydia (chlamydia), and a couple others. Ive been going to another clinic for the HIV rapid tests, and its come back negative so far...last one of those was the 25th of april. Im gonna try to go tommorow so they can look at my lesions, but it sucks living with your parents, as im still 20, and have to sneak to these places when i get the chance.

Its wierd though, this new sore i got, i squeezed it, and its going away, like i think its healing faster because of the stuff that came out. It didnt look like a pimple just a wet area, and if i squeezed the skin to the side it, the fluid came out through the skin.