STDs Community
Cervicitis and Chlamydia

This forum is for questions and support regarding STD issues such as: Chlamydia, Crabs (pubic lice scabies), Gonorrhea, Hepatitis (viral), Herpes, HPV, Molluscum Contagiosum, PID, Rectal Infections, Syphilis, Trichomonas, Warts, Yeast Infection

For questions and support for HPV/genital warts, please visit our HPV Community. For questions and support for Herpes, please visit our Herpes Community.

Please note, this forum does not cover AIDS/HIV issues. Please visit our HIV Prevention Community for information and support.

Cervicitis and Chlamydia

I was diagnosed with Cervicitis on Monday and was given Zirthomax? The four pink pills you take all at once. Well I am still having pain in my lower abdomen. The discharge is gone. But I also still have stinging when I pee. Am I going to get better or am I going to have to go through treatment again? I think I got Cervcitis because of Chlamydia. I just don't feel like I am getting better and am worried I am going to have to go longer in the pain. I just want to feel comfortable and sexy again. I feel nasty and dirty now. Please Help.

I called the doc and they want me to come in monday. They are booked and I will be a walk in. I am really not trying to sit in the doctors office all day But I want to know how long usually does it take for symptoms to go away. Also when I had Chlamydia they gave me the Zirthomax the first time and my Chlamydia didn't go away. I didn't have sex during this period. Then I went back found out I still had it so they gave me the doxcyl...you know what it is. then It went away. I waited 11 days after doxcyl to have sex and as soon as I did I started having the symptoms of Cervicitis. Please help me. I am sick with a cough and runny nose. I feel like ****. And on top of that it burns when I pee and my lower tummy hurts. I am miserable. Any advice?
Ok I have been in a similar situation.  Have you ever had a cervical leep, cone biopsy, or any kind of surgical procedure on your cervix?  Most importantly, has your partner been treated?  If so, do you trust his/her fidelity?  You are most likely being reinfected and not resisting medication.  

I too thought i was resisting medication but i have chronic cervicitis as a result of a cervical leep i had years ago.
No none of the above. The person who gave me chlamydia I stopped sleeping with. I didn't sleep with my new partner until after the second round of antibotics and I waited the whole week and four days before sex.

Yes I trust my partners fidelity. I know we are only together. Doc told me men don't carry cervicitis so that's why I think when I had sex I irritated myself somehow and inflamed my cervix from the chlamydia. Since I don't have chlamydia anymore and guys don't carry cervicitis I don't think he's infecting me. And I haven't had sex in over a week.so it's not sex. It's the meds aren't working or something.
also a long time ago i was diagnosed with HPV. IT went away. they gave me a pap smear when I was infected and it was abnormal. they said it might be because of the infections. SO could this have something to do with anything. Is cervecitis and HPV linked somehow?
Possibly. Chlamydia is a form of cervicitis. If it has become chronic for u, u may be right about the cause. But sometimes it isnt known why some women get chronic cervicitis. I have researched it many times over. It may take some time to clear itself up.  But know that it may take several weeks to be clear of symptoms of chlamydia. give it another week or so. Were you tested for anything else like trich?
yes i was tested for everything they can look for with the swab. I don't have chlamdyia anymore. I don't know i am so confused. I hope it's not chronic. I am going to ask the doc about this on monday. this sucks.
I called the ER cause I am freaking out. I talked to a nurse. He said it could take a week and a half to clear up. I hope this isn't chronic. I think I am going to find a new doctor to go to. I am just scared these meds aren't going to work because the first time I took them they didn't. I just hope this isn't reoccuring once it goes away and I am always going to use protection from now on.
Following up on this monday is the best course of action. You can look for a new doctor but meanwhile you need to continue following up on this. When you go monday, be sure to get your urine tested too. Unless you are in extreme pain, don't follow up on this at an ER this weekend.

You need to be properly examined again and start getting better answers.

Do you and your new bf use condoms?

grace
Yes we use condoms but one time for like 2minutes we didn't but from now on we will and after that time we did use condoms.

My pain is gone in my lower abdomen today. I still have slight pain with urination. I think I will call the doc on monday and see if that 11 30 on wednesday is still availabe because I am not trying to sit in that office all freaking day.
Even though i feel a little better it still doens't feel normal to me. I am hoping it just keeps getting better though.
discharge is still there. Not drippy like before though. It's thick and it's slight. Hardly noticeable. YYYY me?