Cervicitis
Based on a pap smear, my wife was just advised she has cervicitis and athropic vaginitis.  She is 49, has PMR, hypothyroidism and is pere/post menopausal.  Since I have had no sex with anyone in our 18 years together, what are the risks of something from the cervicitis trransfering to me during oral sex on my wife?  What would I end up with?  Does her cervicitis and athropic vaginitis have to originated from an STD?
Its atrophic vaginitis, and my guess is its all related to hormone levels.  She should have std testing to rule anything out, but I'd bet this is all due to the hormonal changes she is going through.

I wouldn't worry about getting anything from this, as long as infection causes are ruled out.

Aj
Oh and go easy on her - menopause isn't any fun.

Aj
Thanks for the comments.  No menopause isn't fun and I can tell that just as an oibserver.  Doc today said it was not infectuous cervicitis and also there was no maligancy.  He suggested we just watch and have her checked again in 6 months.  There is no visible sign of the cervicisitis and not symptoms.   Again, Appreciate the feedback.