STDs Community
Cervicitis
About This Community:

This forum is for questions and support regarding STD issues such as: Chlamydia, Crabs (pubic lice scabies), Gonorrhea, Hepatitis (viral), Herpes, HPV, Molluscum Contagiosum, PID, Rectal Infections, Syphilis, Trichomonas, Warts, Yeast Infection

For questions and support for HPV/genital warts, please visit our HPV Community. For questions and support for Herpes, please visit our Herpes Community.

Please note, this forum does not cover AIDS/HIV issues. Please visit our HIV Prevention Community for information and support.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Cervicitis

Based on a pap smear, my wife was just advised she has cervicitis and athropic vaginitis.  She is 49, has PMR, hypothyroidism and is pere/post menopausal.  Since I have had no sex with anyone in our 18 years together, what are the risks of something from the cervicitis trransfering to me during oral sex on my wife?  What would I end up with?  Does her cervicitis and athropic vaginitis have to originated from an STD?
Related Discussions
3 Comments Post a Comment
Blank
207091_tn?1337713093
Its atrophic vaginitis, and my guess is its all related to hormone levels.  She should have std testing to rule anything out, but I'd bet this is all due to the hormonal changes she is going through.

I wouldn't worry about getting anything from this, as long as infection causes are ruled out.

Aj
Blank
207091_tn?1337713093
Oh and go easy on her - menopause isn't any fun.

Aj
Blank
Thanks for the comments.  No menopause isn't fun and I can tell that just as an oibserver.  Doc today said it was not infectuous cervicitis and also there was no maligancy.  He suggested we just watch and have her checked again in 6 months.  There is no visible sign of the cervicisitis and not symptoms.   Again, Appreciate the feedback.
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
STDs Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
242532_tn?1269553979
Blank
How to Silence Your Inner Critic an...