STDs Expert Forum
Chance of STD of Exposure

The STD Forum is intended only for questions and support pertaining to sexually transmitted diseases other than HIV/AIDS, including chlamydia, gonorrhea, syphilis, human papillomavirus, genital warts, trichomonas, other vaginal infections, nongonoccal urethritis (NGU), cervicitis, molluscum contagiosum, chancroid, and pelvic inflammatory disease (PID). All questions will be answered by H. Hunter Handsfield, M.D. or Edward W Hook, MD.

Chance of STD of Exposure

On August 30th, I hooked up with an old fling. I have not seen her since 2004. We started with our old ways again and I started to Finger her about 10 minutes. I only used two fingers, their where no cuts, blood, etc only a bug bite on my right thumb. My thumb did not enter her. She started to rub my penis to get me hard, I beleive she touched her self to create lube on my penis. That lasted about a minute and then I stopped because I forgot my condom. I did not have vaginal or anal sex. No oral either, just my two fingers and an quick hand job with Vaginal Secreations. WHat is my chance for any STD and HIV? I tested for STD's and HIV in July so I know I am good. She stated she last tested last year and she was negative too. She tested because she stated she was date raped and she used drugs for a short time Meth/Speed. Her past has sacred me. She also stated she hooked up during Christmas time with an old fling too. She currently engaged so I am nervous. SHould I test again?
Welcome to our Forum. This was a zero risk event.  For starters, it is statistically unlikely that your partner had HIV or any other STD.  More importantly however, HIV and other STDs are not transmitted by mutual masturbation, even if your partner's secretions were transferred from her to you. This is the case even with the "bug bite" you mention.

There is no need for concern and no need for testing.

Take care.  EWH
Doctor, I did have a condom and I did put it on. She put on lotion on the condom but I beleive its lotion you put on your hands. I tried to penetrate her but I could not do it. I was no nervous of STD but my penis was pressed aganist he vagina but never went in. The condom did not break, I took it off and put water into it. It did not leak. Any chance?
No change in my assessment.  EWH
Hi Doctor, I feel like I am not painting you a picture of my exposure. Here is the run down. I started sucking on her breast and at the same time I used my (2) middle fingers to penetrate her vagina. (Fingering) I did that for several minutes. I had no major cuts or bleeding only a mosquito bite on my right thumb.  Then she unzipped my pants and started to stroke me off. That lasted for 1-2 minutes; I believe she rubbed her vaginal secretions on her hand so she can rub my penis. Then she started pushing me to her vaginal area but I stopped because I had no condom. She had a condom so I put one on. I tried to penetrate her but it would not go in. It was semi-hard and it would bend and fall out. She was also tight too. Then she got hand lotion and rubbed it on the condom. I believe it did go in her about (1) inch and my penis fell out again. It reminded me of having anal sex, very hard to get in. I tried maybe 2-3 more times and my penis kept falling out. I was semi-hard because I was stress about STD’s. I am at risk at all from the lotion on the condom or vaginal secretion on my penis during masturbation?
All of this repeats what you already said and what I took into account in my assessment and recommendations.  You seem to want me to percieve risk when NOTHING you describe represents meaningful risk for STD, including HIV.  

Once again, NO CHANGE IN MY ASSESSMENT OR ADVICE.  THIS WAS A NO RISK EVENT.  

I'll have nothing more to say.  Take care.  EWH
I am sorry Doctor and yes your correct on the repeats and I should had been more direct with my new question/concern and I just repeated my statements ... Can you address Hand Lotion on a condom with Vaginal Penetration? Is that a risk, condom did not break. It lasted 30 seconds to 1 minute. Thats my last concern, you clearly answered the other questions. Again thank you.
No risk from the lotion. Further questions will be delted without comment.  EWH
Thank you Doctor and I appreciate your quick response.