STDs Community
Chance of getting syphilis by giving massage?
About This Community:

This forum is for questions and support regarding STD issues such as: Chlamydia, Crabs (pubic lice scabies), Gonorrhea, Hepatitis (viral), Herpes, HPV, Molluscum Contagiosum, PID, Rectal Infections, Syphilis, Trichomonas, Warts, Yeast Infection

For questions and support for HPV/genital warts, please visit our HPV Community. For questions and support for Herpes, please visit our Herpes Community.

Please note, this forum does not cover AIDS/HIV issues. Please visit our HIV Prevention Community for information and support.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Chance of getting syphilis by giving massage?

Hello Doctor,

I would like to have your opinion on how easily syphilis can be transmitted through hand-to-body/genital contact.

My concern is that I gave a massage to a person that had secondary syphilis-like bumps on his back. The bumps were symmetrical, located in the areas of neck and upper back. The massage on the back was brief (less than 10 minutes) and was gentle(because I was suspicious and so careful not to touch the bumps; but of course I doubt if my palms completely avoided contact with the bumps). Later I gave him hand job. There were no visible sores in his genital area. My hand did not contact the semen(as far as I could possibly notice). So what is my risk?  How rare is a chancre found in the palm? It happened 3 weeks ago. When should I get tested if I need to be concerned?

I would also like to know the risk of syphilis transmission during non-sexual but somehow intimate activities, such as hugging, hand shake, sharing bed/bath.

Thank you very much.
There was no risk during the above stated incident. Do you know that this person did indeed have syphilis? Anyways, not a concern.
Hugging, hand shake, sharing bed are not modes of transmission. Semen, vaginal fluid, blood, those are the modes of transmission, through unprotected anal, vaginal, and oral sex. Take care.

Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
STDs Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
233488_tn?1310696703
Blank
New Cannabis Article from NORTH Mag...